1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Shipping Couriers

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by Saajan, Apr 15, 2006.

1. GFORCE75

GFORCE75

Who are the cheapest to send to the USA?? Had a parcel 25kg and best I could find was about £200 via DHL
  2. fulfilco

fulfilco

Assuming the dimensions weren't oversize, we could have done this for 2/3 of the price you paid.
  3. wilson1973

wilson1973

Nice thread.

Does anyone have any recommendations for couriers of larger items.

I've just called 2 companies and they are going to call me back tomorrow. Wondering what sort of cost I can expect for items 200cm x60cm x40cm by 20 - 50KG ?

Any recommendations and ball park pricing ?
  4. fulfilco

fulfilco

We use TNT Express for items like that, ballpark £60+VAT plus your time. We can distribute for you if you have any requirements.
  5. HCott

HCott

There's a reseller of CityLink on eBay called expressparceluk doing CityLink 24hr delivery for up to 2m length at very reasonable prices. Haven't personally used but know one person who has successfully.
  6. GFORCE75

GFORCE75

Dimensions were 35" x 20" x 20" what sort of price would that be?
  7. fulfilco

fulfilco

That's quite a long item but still ~£140+VAT via Fedex. Let me know if you want us to store and ship any of these for you.
  8. Saajan

Saajan

9. ibayusave

ibayusave

Cheap Courier

Hi there. Can anyone recommend a cheap courier. I have just purchased a 26Inch TV from eBay and need to have it collected. It doesn't have to be over night I just want to keep the price as cheap as possible. Would like to try and get for under £20 if possible.

Many thanks for your help.
  10. Merchants

Merchants

Do not forget Hermes :)
  11. James and James

James and James

Who could forget Hermes? ;)

Anyone tried out Yodel yet? Is it as bad as HDNL, or as good as DHL?

James
  12. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

13. GFORCE75

GFORCE75

Who are the best people to use in terms of price and reliability for exporting to the USA as I have had nothing but trouble everytime I have sent anything there.

Things getting stuck in Customs
    Confiscated by customs (even though everything I sell is 100% authentic)
    Lost in Transit etc etc

You name it and I have had it.... the prices are also really high compared to stock coming from the USA, even after the customs and VAT charges.

Has anyone got any good advice/recommendations they can give based on personal experience?

Thanks
  14. smartandy

smartandy

Really recommendable list...thanks for the post..!!!
  15. yodah

yodah

Are you kidding!!! The worst company ever - I started using them as I had a busines deal through a sales portal online, they have managed to smash / undeliver over 50% of parcels sent. Their customer service is non-existent. Never ever use these people.

My reccommendation : ************* I use the DHL 48hr service via these guys as they get bulk discount - usually delivers within 24hrs.

I want to start a campaign to put MyHermes out of business that way my sales portal can do a deal with someone who can actually deliver parcels.
  16. Shh

Shh

www.p4d.co.uk are significantly more expensive than the other sites suggested for UK small package delivery. They are quoting prices that are 80% more!
  17. Shh

Shh

And....that's with BOTH sites quoting DHL. Same size and weight parcel, same delivery terms. They cant have that great a bulk deal with DHL lol...that's ridiculous pricing.
  18. Michael

Michael

I am just switching over to dpd www.dpd.co.uk

A touch more expensive than my current courier (fastway) but I have no doubt the service on offer will far outweigh the extra cost.

The price with dpd is set at £6.50 (exc vat) which is for a parcel up to 30kg, next day delivery and includes a text message from the courier to the customer in the morning and gives them a 1 hour delivery time slot.
  19. yodah

yodah

Maybe - but they are one of the only online courier agents that allow glass bottles and alcohol, which is what I need to be delivered.
  20. jeff3wai

jeff3wai

anyone has experienced shipping from hong kong to usa?
    which company is cheapest and less troublesome??