1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Shipping Couriers

Discussion in 'Payment & Shipping' started by Saajan, Apr 15, 2006.

1. dbdbdbdb

dbdbdbdb

I recommend Royal Mail over Parcel2Go, as we seemed to have nothing but trouble with them.
  2. E-Spartan

E-Spartan

Hello guys
    Need some advice, as never have used a courier for heavy items. Which courier would you recommend reliable and at reasonable prices?
    My parcel is about 50-55 kg. Tried to book through Parcel2go but unfortunately the only one who does its Palletforce and is kind of expensive. TNT says on their "info box" that they do do up to 50kg max and 2.4meters length but when you enter the dimensions of the parcel on their quote tool (parcel2go) nothing comes up. It's quite confusing. I spoke to customer service of parcel2go to ask them about this and they told me that although is says on their info box that max is 2.4 meters is allowed its also a Volumetric weight. Didnt quite understand what they meant by that.
  3. silva cardoso

silva cardoso

Hello,

i have used a new company that makes delivery's from UK and Ireland to worldwide. Their name is Ghetrans LTD . they are a new company but they are very professional and smooth. i was impressed of their services and also satisfied. Ghetrans is a company that i strongly recommend to everybody.
  4. JeffNevil

JeffNevil

You can't get much better than DPD in my opinion.

Yes, they can be a little more pricey than their competition but they are worth every penny for the service that they provide. An acquaintance of mine, who is in the healthcare industry, has all of this his contract logistics handled by this company - http://www.alloga-network.com/contract-logistics - worth a mention for anyone involved in that industry.
  5. Parcelhub.co.uk

Parcelhub.co.uk

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  6. rian1990

rian1990

It has been some times since my last post here, untill today, here in Indonesia, nothing has beat DHL in speed. I hate to say this, but I will never use Registered Air Mail or EMS again. They can't even keep their delivery schedule on time. That sucks.

Fedex is pretty fast here, but their fee is just crazy high here. DHL is what I recommend.
    Cody likes this.
  7. TerryYang

TerryYang

That's helpful! Thanks
  8. chunky1

chunky1

But which you would reccomend from all of them, for me is important good customer service and reliable service.
    Wholesale Sportswear likes this.
  9. Dainy

Dainy

I send my postage to Ireland mostly via Ecoparcel. Can’t say anything bad about it and the customer experience has been very good for me so far. (Using it for several months now). And I enjoy their cash-back program!
  10. E-Spartan

E-Spartan

Does anyone know which couriers accept fragrance's/toiletries for overseas deliveries mainly?
    Thank you
  11. Cody

Cody

@ParcelHero & @Parcelhub.co.uk something you can deal with?
    E-Spartan likes this.
  12. E-Spartan

E-Spartan

I just spoke to Parcelhero and customer rep told me that don't do it because fragrances are classified as prohibited items.
    Cody likes this.
  13. Cody

Cody

That's a shame, hopefully ParcelHub can help?
  14. Parcelhub.co.uk

Parcelhub.co.uk

Thanks Cody,

Most carriers will accept these items but you will need to sign a dangerous goods/limited quantities agreement.

For more information please get in touch and a member of our sales team will review your current shipping setup:

https://www.parcelhub.co.uk/business-enquiry/

Kind regards,

Simon
  15. ParcelHero

ParcelHero

Perfumes are classed as flammable because they contain alcohol and thus are hazardous so you'd need to go to a hazardous courier. The big boys (UPS, FedEx etc) will do it for you if you are set up as a hazardous shipper. You will need an account and it's a 3-6 month process to become an approved hazardous shipper.