1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Should member who win auctions receive infraction for non paying

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Hugo, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Hugo

Hugo

I believe I am not only speaking for myself when I say we have all had an auction on here someone wins and then they don't pay.

I think a 7 day ban would be acceptable.

What do you guys think?

Thanks
    Hugo
  2. Michael

Michael

Maybe a bad buyer points system with varying points for different things and a maximum points allowed before suspension or bans.
  3. eAuction

eAuction

100% agree. Same should go for BIN's when people say they will 100% buy, send them a paypal invoice and they never pay.
  4. reddeb

reddeb

One of the auction sites lets you not pay twice and then your account is permanently suspended
  5. PG

PG

sounds goooooooooood!
  6. fancydressqueen

fancydressqueen

Yeah I completely agree. From my experience (contrary to others I must say) it is usually people with little or no feedback. I welcome new buyers with open arms but the "I didn't know what I was doing" or "I didn't mean to click buy now...then click accept when it asked me if I REALLY wanted it button" (ok, second was my own) excuses are getting old. I even had a guy place a £200+ order on my website for multiple items then email me saying the order was "a mistake". He must have tripped and fell on the buy button a few times, strange how that happens.
  7. Dave

Dave

I think if someone bids for something and wins it, then changes their mind - they should be banned for life.
    In a real auction house, they would sue for their money.
    Dave.
  8. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

I have done 3 auctions on here and had people swear blind they will pay and then dont. Its annoying but I did say in the thread that the bids are not binding so I guess I left myself open to it :(
  9. fancydressqueen

fancydressqueen

Is this worth mentioning to the mods so that none buyers can be banned or suspended temporarily for none payment?
  10. PG

PG

7 day bans are pointless. I could quite happily not come on here for 7 days, however being banned for life would be very annoying.

I SAY, IF YOU DONT PAY, YOU DONT STAY!
  11. mickteesside

mickteesside

would agree with what has been sed ive been messed about on ebay loads of times and nothing happens
  12. fancydressqueen

fancydressqueen

It keeps the marketplace an honest one. I totally agree, if a mod reads this can this feature be added to the forums please? I presume it would be down to the members to report none paying buyers?
  13. Unitedtelcom

Unitedtelcom

Thats a brilliant idea - I also think that there could be a similar system that automaticaly updates the buyers feedback based on how quickly they pay for items.
  14. planner

planner

As it has been mentioned, if you go to a auction and win on the fall of the hammer you have entered into a legal binding contract. You don't see many people shouting oh sorry i bid on the wrong one.
  15. Unitedtelcom

Unitedtelcom

I recently sold an iPhone 3GS 16B on eBay - auction time ended, sent my invoice.

Heard nothing, waiting a couple of days - still nothing. Sent them a message basically saying that if they didnt pay would have to relist.

Their response was , and I quote - "I have no intention of paying for the item, it was a mistake bid - sorry".

Its impossible to make a mistake bid!! Everyone knows you have to enter the amount, press bid, confirm bid ect..bla bla.

I had a look at the "buyers" feedback and he had done exactly the same to about 5 other sellers - all iPhones.

My point is - he should have been banned , if not on the 1st one, he should have on the second - too much protection for buyers and not enough support from ebay for sellers.
  16. Ross

Ross

This would never happen, there would be too many excuses from buyers, the moment that you get the violins out because they couldn't complete the sale because 'there dog died', there 'house just blew up', they 'just lost an arm' etc.
  17. PG

PG

But it should happen. I couldnt care less if someones dogs died, if you bid on my item you can spend the 30 seconds it takesto pay me for it. The most common reason is " sorting money problems out". Simple. If you have money problems dont bid! If you win and dont pay you should be banned, as should be the same on eBay!
  18. Michael

Michael

Remember people, we are talking about buyer on the forum and not eBay!
  19. PG

PG

Yes exactly.

Personaly vote lifetime ban if you dont pay within 7 days!
  20. Ross

Ross

I agree with you, it is very annoying when you take the time and then they don't pay. I just can't see that it will happen, admin would get so much agro from all the emails asking to come back because of 'enter your excuse here'