1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Should member who win auctions receive infraction for non paying

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Hugo, Jul 17, 2011.

1. PG

PG

Yes i think thats a good idea... as a seller it is quite annoying when someone asks to be emailed more information... ( when its right there! ) Advertisers should be able to PM anyone.. even if they have less than 10 posts
  2. fancydressqueen

fancydressqueen

10 posts is nothing, even for an advertiser. I say contribute 10 posts at least to demonstrate that you are genuine, offer something to the forum them go on with your business.
  3. PG

PG

you right, but ive had so many people with 1 post asking for an email... i then say reach 10 posts and PM, but alas they never do!
  4. fancydressqueen

fancydressqueen

Then it is a good way to weed out the genuine buyers from a waste of time. Technically the system as it stands works well.
  5. ballymoremonty

ballymoremonty

I don't think I would be so eager to bin a prospective customer. Okay maybe they didn't pay up at the end of the auction, however they didn't take the order of your hands and then refuse to pay either. At worst they're time wasters, some of those time wasters could come back in a month and place a large order with you.

Pursuing a life-time ban just seems petty and childish to me, why burn your bridges and every other advertisers bridges as well. Possibly a points system but is the system of feedback that's in place not good enough?

I understand where Dave's coming from, I think there's a big difference between a real auction house and TWF though.

It might be annoying if someone doesn't pay up at the end of your auction. I think the professional think would be to move on and forget about it, instead of chasing a ban for them and alienating them from your company/brand forever.
  6. PG

PG

Is there a way to make invoices and sales through TWF, therefore both buyers and sellers are protected for such occasions. I know its a lot of work to do, but it would make the forum better. it would also encourage feedback more which would in turn show which buyers and sellers are more reputable than others!
  7. Hugo

Hugo

That's a nice idea JP - Although I think that may cost quit a bit in development for the forum and there might be certain legal issues.

I think this idea could be tweaked as maybe you can create your invoice, upload to the forums and then once you and the buyer have both marked it as paid and leave feedback and that's it. Maybe this could be done under a new section in users profiles.

Would like to get Anthony,Ron and lace's view on this subject.

Thanks
    Hugo
  8. PG

PG

Yep,

In the reply bar it would be great to have a "invoice" button ( along with the current link, image etc button ), where and invoice is entered into the page and details can be entered...

That is very basically explained and to be honest poorly explained, but i hope you get what i mean

JP
  9. Dave

Dave

Hi Andrew,
    I can see where you are coming from BUT I am old school and my word is my bond.
    Nothing can be done until the site has put it into the t&c.
    Dave.
  10. Gary

Gary

I have only just seen this thread but I am the same as Dave, if I commit to something I see it through, just unfortunately we're are seemingly a dying breed.

I do think that something should be done, the points system is a good idea I think, basically maybe once, 3 points and a 7 day ban, twice 5 points and a permaban.

The PM thing unfortunately won't work for 'advetisers to be able to pm anybody' as even PM's sent by mods / admin cannot be read by new members it's either on or it's off.

Would be interesting to hear Admins take on this:

Maybe even add vbcommerce for community advertisers to have like a virtual shop and vbcredits, allowing buyers to buy (or earn) credits to spend with advertisers, this would also make th marketplace more of a marketplace and keep each sellers items together, just an idea (I have never worked with this when I had a forum but know it can apparently be done).
  11. PG

PG

Thanks

Is it worth sending them a PM so they can see the thread?
  12. guitarsoloer

guitarsoloer Banned Member

Could someone direct me to a page that has this sort of TWF auction you guys are speaking of?

Also a link to instructions on how to run one here would be great...

It's almost 4 am and I'm a little tired / lazy / unmotivated to look much longer. haha

Thanks in advance
  13. Gary

Gary

There is no official TWF auction per se, people just generally do them in the standard marketplace and just put auction in the heading & description, name a starting price and bid increments and a time the auction ends, people then place their bids either openly on the forums, or closed (private) via PM / email, the majority do accept closed bids to allow anonymity and state they have recieved a bid by updating the thread (as a reply), however, change to open bidding only during the last hour or so to ensure that the latest price is up to date.

Hope this helps!
  14. guitarsoloer

guitarsoloer Banned Member

15. Gary

Gary

16. PG

PG

any advance on this?
  17. Hugo

Hugo

My overall view on this is that when a listing in the Market place is created there should be an option to set it up as a normal forum listing or an auction. If auction is selected then you can choose when you want it to end and if someone bid in the last few minutes to try and hijack the offer then the auction is extended by a further 10 minutes.

I think this is fair and will stop things going for so cheap.

This is a great discussion and I would like to get a mod in on this.

Thanks
    Hugo