1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Smashed ipad 2 screen

Discussion in 'Services Wanted' started by reddeb, Aug 24, 2012.

1. reddeb

reddeb

Can anyone recommend an ipad 2 repair service as my son has just dropped his !!!
    Thanks
  2. Just Browsing

Just Browsing Banned Member

Why not apple themselves, I'm not sure what they charge but to fix the back of my iPhone 4s when my son dropped it was only £25. Also it keeps the apple warranty intact
    reddeb likes this.
  3. Shaun costello

Shaun costello

My I phone 3g was £120 from apple many years ago:/
  4. reddeb

reddeb

Thanks i will contact them
  5. reddeb

reddeb

Hope its not that expensive !!!
  6. Just Browsing

Just to make it easier I gave the apple store in Covent garden a call and they said to replace the front screen on an ipad2 would cost £150(ouch) if it was the front screen that needs fixing(I just assumed) then The number is 02074471400, obviously it will not be your local one but I would assume all apple stores have standard pricing :)
    Also as I mentioned it's the only way to keep the warranty intact having it done by apple themselves. Also without wishing to offend anyone I would never send anything of value to anyone after some of the threads I have read on here. :)
    reddeb likes this.
  7. reddeb

reddeb

What a lovely thing to do thank you so much ! people on here are so helpful, i did thinkit would be that expensive and my husband and i were thinking of sending it away, i had not heard that this can cause problems
    I will discuss with my husband and then let you know what we do
    Once again thank you xx
  8. Just Browsing

No problem, I have actually been looking on you tube and there are some pretty straightforward videos of how to do it yourself, also the screen on eBay costs £28 after a quick look. For the money involved I wouldn't be so concerned about the apple warranty as the cost to repair is half the retail price :)
    reddeb likes this.
  9. reddeb

reddeb

Yes we were thinking the same about the warranty/price, i have seen the video on you tube and my hubby is good at things like that, but i dint know the screen was that cheap, that be the rute to go downespecially as i do not think this will be the only time my son drops the ipad !! :)
  10. Just Browsing

11. reddeb

reddeb

12. ResellerLad

ResellerLad

either fix yourself, or you could probably sell the broken screen one on ebay and buy a new one and it wouldnt work out 150 more I bet
    reddeb likes this.
  13. Digitalfever

Digitalfever

Just be aware that the tools you get with these are usually rubbish and cant do the job required.
    reddeb likes this.
  14. reddeb

reddeb

Thanks !! Would it sell on ebay ?? I will have a look
  15. reddeb

reddeb

Thanks i will bear this in mind
  16. ResellerLad

ResellerLad

i'll second that! The plastic spudgers are terrible
    reddeb likes this.
  17. uhafmail

uhafmail

Go into the Apple store, explain that you are not sure how it happened (i.e. don't say you dropped it) and if you speak to the right person they can just swap it over for free with another iPad 2, thats what they did for a friends iPad. BUt similar thing happened to another friends iPhone and they had to pay £69 but got a new iPhone in return.

I wouldn't put an unofficial screen in the ipad if i am honest with you, they have been known to cause all sorts of issues and would obviously void the warranty.

P.S Good to see Just Browsing being helpful for a change ;) lol.
    reddeb and Ross like this.
  18. reddeb

reddeb

19. reddeb

reddeb

Just been on the phone to Apple and i have an appt to see them on Sat and they have confirmed that it could be replaced for free IF they consider it has not been damaged !! Now i just need to think of a story to tell them ;)
  20. uhafmail

uhafmail

Go with a story something like your infant son sat on it and the screen just smashed, include that you were shocked that such light pressure would smash such an expensive gadget. Bet you get it done for free.
    reddeb likes this.