Social Buttons Floating Side Widget

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by liamhawes, Feb 1, 2017.

1. liamhawes

liamhawes

I've just noticed the social buttons as a floating side widget and just wanted to comment on it.

Personally, I've never been a fan of these on any sites, although I respect your decision to add them in, I just wondered if it was possible to include the option to cross it off. (Currently using it on pc running Chrome) you just get a little bit of overhang that's a bit frustrating, so the option to cross it off when needed would be great.

Also, I just thought I would check, and it doesn't display correctly on my mobile (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge) I've tried to attach an image of this

I don't know what other people think of these floating widgets?

Attached Files:

• TWF.png
      TWF.png
      File size:
      60.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Erik

Erik

Hi Liam,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, we're trying this out as it seems the core forum's function really does not have proper sharing capabilities (the one you see below is outdated it seems), so we've figured to test this one out.

This one should only show to threads (not categories or sections). However the size is already in its smallest form. Unfortunately for this widget, there's no option for users to close it. We're still testing this anyway and not yet final, so please give us more of your feedback on this and we'd look for more ways to make the socials more functional in the forum without it being too intrusive. :)

As for the mobile version, yes, does seem offset on your end, but it does look fine on mine. Not really sure what causes this, but will look at it more.
  3. Erik

Erik

Update:

We already changed it (final decision ;) ) and replaced the bottom share icons below instead. You should see them now in effect!
  4. Cody

Cody

By all means, if anyone does find the below intrusive at all, let us know, and we can play around with it.
    Again, thanks for the feedback :D
  5. Jed

Jed

I cant see them anymore now anywhere?
  6. Erik

Erik

Hey Jed,

Should be seen below:
    [​IMG]

It should only be visible inside threads, not sections or categories.
  7. Jed

Jed

Nope not showing for me, anything in the settings I might need to change?

Also turned my ad blocker off encase it was that and still not showing.

Attached Files:

8. Erik

Erik

Could you check this link article and check if you can see the social buttons (sidebars and at the bottom)? If you can see them, you should see ours as well (the new social buttons are configured by the AddThis team, no other tweaking needed on our end). If you cannot, then there's a possibility that your computer is making the fuss.

Try clearing your cache then check the pages again.

As far as I can see on our end, there are no settings needed for one to see the buttons, and checking its analytics, it's working as intended (saw 12 shares for yesterday). Note that it takes a little while for it to load up, but after that it should be fine.
  9. liamhawes

liamhawes

I can see these at the bottom. Although I did think it was odd yesterday, one moment I saw them when you first changed it, then I didn't see them for a while. And now I see them again. Strange.
  10. Jed

Jed

Whats the link for the article mate?
    Cache cleared no change so far.
  11. liamhawes

liamhawes

What are you using? Chrome etc? and pc or mobile?
  12. Erik

Erik

13. Jed

Jed