Social Media Marketing

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Maqsood Rahman, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Maqsood Rahman

Maqsood Rahman

Hello Friends,
    Is social media marketing is effective for small business? Can it increase up my website visitors and provide me with some quality traffic. Places suggest me should I take social media marketing services?
  2. Stylesupplier

Stylesupplier

Try google adwords or facebook ads
  3. Cody

Cody

Every business needs social media marketing, along with SEO. The activity you do throughout the social media marketing can indeed bring you quality traffic and web visitors, though it isn't easy. You need to have a website and content that provides user intent and value, otherwise users are going to find it boring and not want to visit.

Get some social media pages set up for your business, make the images on there look crisp and of great quality, start providing some value, not just on your social media pages, but in other relevant social media groups (Facebook groups and LinkedIn groups work well for this). Start by building the brand up first, providing knowledge and expertise in an area.

Combine this free organic social media marketing with paid marketing such as AdWords and Facebook advertising - that is of course if you think that it'll provide value to you. You ideally want to pay for this and make more revenue back.
  4. xoxoseo

xoxoseo

it mainly depends on your targeted users. For some business Pinterest works well. If you Google, you would find tons of info.
  5. Stylesupplier

Stylesupplier

I think it depends on your products, some products is OK, some products is not...
  6. annagreenang

annagreenang

Generate relevant traffic and to promote your website, social media marketing is very helpful for it.
  7. annagreenang

annagreenang

You can also use Facebook ad campaign to drive relevant audience toward your website
  8. Lauren Hayward

Lauren Hayward

Hello Maqsoon,
    Indeed social media marketing is a way to market your products and services to the new users. It can increase your website visits as well if done properly.
    Use social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Post about your products and engage with customers or visitors who like or reply your posts.
    Use images with text to get more attentions.
  9. jordanmcclure

jordanmcclure

Ya sure, social media marketing for small business is no longer optional. It becomes vital part of it.

Follow some marketing tips:
    1. Create profiles on multiple platforms - If you are on facebook then create facebook page for your business.
    After you create a Facebook page, you need to determine which other channels are suitable for your business. I’d recommend creating a YouTube channel.
    The video content you upload to YouTube will be easy to repurpose for your other marketing channels.

2. Define your marketing goals -
    You can’t just blindly start posting content on social media without some reason. Before you do anything else, you need to identify your marketing goals. Some marketing goals 70% user want lead generation, 53% wants to build brand awareness and 50% want to engage customers. First you have to define which goal you want to achieve.

3. Post content on a daily basis - Now that you have a social media profile on multiple platforms, you’ve got to make sure those accounts are active. If someone go through one of your pages and the most recent post was from two or three weeks ago, they aren’t going to follow you. You need to post new content that will appear on their homepages and timelines.

4. Give user a reason to follow you - you need to have lots of followers. Otherwise, nobody is going to see your content. Some of the top reasons why people would be interested in following your small business on social media:

• they’re curious about your products or services
    • you offer exclusive promotions
    • your content is entertaining
    • they need to reach a customer service representative
    • you offered an incentive
    • their friends or family follow your brand

10. ranu katre

ranu katre

Social media marketing is way to promote our business and service by using social media platform.there are many platform to promote our business on that platform.According to business brand we have to choose the social media platform. You can generate more traffic for website by using social media marketing.
  11. Mitchell Dagley

Mitchell Dagley

Social media is a fantastic marketing tool for businesses of all sizes! It has the ability to not only drive traffic to your website but increase your brand awareness and relationships with your customers. When choosing the best social media platform for you it largely depends on your business/product.

Twitter is great to network and having conversations with your customers

Instagram is perfect for your visual content but bear in mind you can't add direct links within posts until you're over 10k followers. If you want to get people to see your website direct them to your link in your bio and add your logo to your images.

Facebook is another great network and one for all ages.

Google+ is trusted by Google so for your SEO ranking, this is fantastic.

As well as social media definitely explore SEO development as this can naturally increase your websites search ranking and subsequently its traffic.

Mitchell Dagley
    Social Media Marketing Manager
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2019
  12. Richard Marsh

Richard Marsh

Yes you can do social media marketing and if you have enough budget then you may go for adwords as well. Second thing focus on SEO as well, this way you will get more organic traffic and it helps to increase brand valus as well.
  13. bodyparts4benz

bodyparts4benz

I suggest firstly figure out your target customers.

If you are in B2B business, LinkedIn and Facebook Page can help you to reach potential clients.
    While for B2C business, I think YouTube and Instagram would be useful.

For social media marketing, the content you post is important.
    Quality * quantity= nice feedback.
    That's what I need to work hard on too. :)

Good luck and get started!
    Dave Luiz likes this.
  14. Dave Luiz

Dave Luiz

Everything depends upon the niche you are working in and most importantly you need a digital marketing plan which is spread over different approaches of digital media. Your query is more concerned towards traffic, I'd suggest you to for SEO for your business. SMM is basically for outreach, traffic coming from social media is volatile and not really the one that stays for more than few seconds unless you have a blog like LadBilble. Basically, what I am trying to say is you have to plan long term when it comes to traffic and that requires SEO.
  15. alice camron

alice camron

In today's Era, Having a good social media presence is a must, Social media marketing will you to maintain your presence as well as will help you to generate some amount of traffic as well for your targeted website.

If you're looking for some good amount of traffic to your site, you need to put some relevant & engaging content to your social media handles which can able to create a good amount of engagement there.

You can also FB ads for quick results.