1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Some questions about ParcelForce

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by Jirou, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Jirou

Jirou

First of all, hi everyone!

I know I am new here, but i did read 10 or more threads around this forum, yet didn't find specific answer to some of my questions.

I ordered from a website (i think it doesn't really matter what site), a phone, priced £120 approx total including postage, from China.

Down below you can see my tracking history from ParcelForce:

11-03-2011 20:01 National Hub Received and processed
    11-03-2011
    11:00 International Hub Forwarded for UK processing
    10-03-2011
    11:58 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
    10-03-2011
    11:57 International Hub Received in destination country
    08-03-2011 00:41 Delivery Agent - GUANGZHOU - PTT Forwarded for export
    07-03-2011
    19:02 Delivery Agent - CHINA Collected from customer

Now my questions:
    1. Does it have a custom charge ? Is my first time using EMS, and from what i read on other threads, for a parcel to be charged it had to be "awaiting custom charges", but i may be wrong.
    2. How much should i be charged, including the parcelforce fee, if anyone can approximate for me.
    3. I also have an "expected delivery date 14 march 2011", does that mean i will be receiving the parcel around that date with customs invoice attached to it, and i have to pay to the postman, or without any charges (i believe if there was any charge, i wouldn't have to receive it, until after the VAT or duties have been paid, after that, parcelforce will do the delivery, but i might be wrong here too).

I can't phone them, i have speaking problems, i tried some emails but none cleared my doubts. Please do not suggest me to phone them, i would have done that by now.

Please if someone can shed some light here !
    Thank you in advance !
  2. Jirou

Jirou

12-03-2011 07:kiss:9 ******* Depot Received at delivery depot

This was added today.

I really do believe there is no custom charge or duty to pay for it.
    Also, do Parcelforce charge that fee anyway or only if there is a custom/duty charge ?

Thank you!
  3. Akyhull

Akyhull

Hey I ordered from same place this is what I've got so far

Parcel tracks

Date Time Location Tracking Event

31-03-2011 01:kiss:1 Delivery Agent - GUANGZHOU - PTT Forwarded for export
    30-03-2011 09:28 Delivery Agent - CHINA Collected from customer

Yours was the same 1 days after it was in uk how long till you got it?
  4. dbennett06

dbennett06

How do you know you ordered from the same company?
  5. glamgalore2010

glamgalore2010

If you parcel says AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGES then i am sure that means you are clear of fees

If it says awaiting customs charging then you ARE getting fees im sure i have got that the correct way around
  6. Beauty Wonderland

Beauty Wonderland

The estimated delivery date was 14th March, so I'm sure it arrived by now, charges or no!
  7. Akyhull

Akyhull

@dbennet no I mean same city I just thought with it going through Guangzhou his order may of been for forshan or Guangdong just a theory, :) but I thought my tracking is similar it may go along the same lines like mines says the same as his but I've not got the arrived at international hub, but I've still got a day to wait and see!! If anyone wants to help me out it would be good

Cheers :D
  8. Akyhull

Akyhull

It's express 24 btw through ems and parcel force !
  9. shownoob

shownoob

Ok Yes :welldone::welldone:

Akyhull

I've got this now.
    Parcel tracks

Date Time Location Tracking Event

04-04-2011 11:58 International Hub Forwarded for UK processing
    04-04-2011 11:56 International Hub Received and processed
    03-04-2011 19:23 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
    03-04-2011 19:22 International Hub Received in destination country
    31-03-2011 01:kiss:1 Delivery Agent - GUANGZHOU - PTT Forwarded for export
    30-03-2011 09:28 Delivery Agent - CHINA Collected from customer

I think I've got past customs, it says it will be delivered 5-4-11 so tomorrow :) fingers crossed