1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Someone to edit Images for Vinyl Cutter!

Discussion in 'Services Wanted' started by TreatWise, Jan 31, 2013.

1. TreatWise

TreatWise

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is in the right forum, but seems to get a lot of views and discussions and it's kind of a service I require but a bit obscure.

Basically this will be a really easy job for someone in the know, recently I bought a heat press and vinyl cutter (Redsail version of the Roland-GX24) and am using Inkscape to convert my images into SignBlazer to send to the cutter.

I'm willing to pay someone to put all my images in the right size, format and mirror ready to print at top quality. Obviously I want the backgrounds taking out so the cutter can read it.

*EXAMPLE* - A GEEK Logo which I have cut and pasted from Google with say a green background I would want this cutting out so I'm left with the GEEK logo in high quality so can cut it straight away.

I will supply all the images and size dimensions I require.

If anyone would be interested in doing this for me I would be happy to pay you, Only reason I don't have the time to play around and do this is because I am working down in London on a Banking Contract!

Oh P.S if anyone has a room I could have central London just a put me up for 2 weeks (3 nights a week) I would be happy to pay you and you would be an absolute life saver :)

Cheers.

James.
  2. Erik

Erik

Thread moved to Services wanted section.

All the best in your search! :)
  3. TreatWise

TreatWise

Cheers Erik :) Thought was probably best section tried to be a little bit cheeky for more views ;)
  4. shopafrolix

shopafrolix Banned Member

upload the logo/graphic and i'll see what I can do
  5. Shaun costello

Shaun costello

Hello, I could have a go at it in adobe illustrator ? They would probably need to be redrawn in vector to get high quality images, What format do you need them in?
  6. TreatWise

TreatWise

Hi Guys, thanks for the speedy responses and offers. Not sure if I was unclear, but frolix it's more than one image I'd say roughly about 10-15 Images for T-Shirts MAX.

In terms of the format shaun, I believe that the format is .eps as thats what I save them as in inkscape to import to SignBlazer.

Anymore information i've left out please just ask as I'm by no means an expert in this field :)
  7. shopafrolix

just post one graphic so i can see if i can help
  8. TreatWise

TreatWise

http://i48.tinypic.com/2pq1075.jpg

Here is just one example of an image I would like making. As you can see it's a bit wonky and would ideally like it all straight enligned (My friend has cameo silhouette which seems to do it) I want it to still be crisp (Background doesn't really matter as it will cut out the white bit leaving GEEK blank.

Sizing Wise I would be looking length wise to be around 8 Inches and then height whatever that equates to in proportions :)

Hope this made sense!
  9. Shaun costello

Shaun costello

Somthing like this?
    Colours Chosen just so you can see it, 8inches x 3inches Size can be changed easily

This is in vector so much higher resolution than displayed, Just lost uploading,

Can Be provided in .eps

Also ignore the G being out of line with the rest of the letters, It will be aligned

Whats your email address and ill send you the .eps file for you to have a look

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. shopafrolix

first, you use SignBlazer , isn't that a design program ? Can't you just type the text, select the font and size then cut, or is SignBlazer just a converter program ?

it's COLLEGE font
  11. TreatWise

TreatWise

Apologies for the late reply guys!

Thanks a lot Shaun. I've pm'ed you my email, if you could do this for all my images (Only about 10 and easy for someone in the know) I'm willing to pay you.

Frolix I'm really not sure, I use SignBlazer as it's the program that came with my Vinyl Cutter and unlike inkscape can send images from SignBlazer to my cutter just like a printer.

Ahh thanks, might have a play around with fonts and download some :)
  12. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

have you already done a few tests with your software straight to plotter. You should not import text in the way your doing it. You should download the font (which is college font for Geek) and type it straight into signblazer. I'm not familiar with that software as use artcut for my press, but all have ability to type fonts out. If you import you will normally have to mess about with certain aspects and pull bits with pen tool, even importing vector fonts can sometimes be a pain.

If alot of your designs are text based just do them in your software.
  13. TreatWise

TreatWise

Oh Sorry guys, no a lot of them are images with font in them or own designs, pretty much only this one that consists of ONLY text but appreciate the input, every bit of advice is vital to me :)
  14. shopafrolix

if you have an image, you can't cut out of vinyl, just print onto clear/white vinyl - with correct printer
  15. scottishste

scottishste

The image needs to be silhouette if you are using a vinyl cutter. We use a programme that imports image then traces it to get the outline and the traced version is then cut onto vinyl. Its all very complicated to start but once used to it can be very easy. I'd suggest a couple of hours on youtube videos may help you as having people create images isn't what you need as the cutter will not know which part of the image to cut out so provide you with a big square.
  16. TreatWise

TreatWise

Yeah, that's what I've been doing in inkscape tracing the bitmap and leaving an outline without the background so it cuts, only problem is I don't have the time to re-size all of them, trace perfectly and then export as some it doesn't trace very well and then quality of cut is compromised
  17. scottishste

scottishste

The package with the cutter should have a trace programme that does it for you. If it doesn't trace well its due to the quality of the image and the different layers. We use artcut and its a simple two step process, import image, trace image and then delete components you dont want.
  18. Phari

Phari

I have the Roland software as i have a roland plotter, if you want to pm you email and i'll try and help you. but i will not do anything that infringes copyright.
  19. Phari

Phari

My software doesn't have a trace function, not all Roland software does.
  20. shopafrolix

trace programs are rubbish. You still have to draw/trace by hand, otherwise you'll get cuts looking like a fax copy of the graphic. I have Flexisign software that cost £3k and still have to draw by hand to get the perfect cut. I've been doing vinyl cutting/signwriting for 12 years and there is no easy, simple alternative, especially if the graphic is to be cut over 12" in size. So, to get exactly what you want be prepared to learn the software for hours on end - or pay through the nose for someone else to do it for you
    Phari likes this.