Spoof Amazon email today

Discussion in 'Online Marketplaces - eBay, Amazon, Etsy and more' started by beacon hill, Jan 16, 2017.

1. beacon hill

beacon hill

Just had the email below today. Checked the properties and its not from Amazon.
    So thought I,d post it here in case anyone else gets the same.
    Did not click on the attached form, but I,ll take one guess they want you to verify your password

Seller Communication Centre - Changes Notice
    From 1 February 2017 all communications through Amazon Seller Communication Centre must be digitally signed for a higher security.

If you do not digitally sign up your email with Amazon Seller Communication Centre until 1 February 2017, you will not be able to communicate with Amazon Buyers until your email will be digitally signed with Amazon.

If you have not already digitally signed your email with Amazon Seller Communication Centre please use the attached form to sign up.

The Amazon Seller Communication Centre makes communicating with Marketplace Buyers easy and secure.

Using the Seller Communication Centre, you can:

• View past communication with Marketplace Buyers on Amazon.
    • Respond to Marketplace Buyers quickly and easily using the Reply option.
    • Send files to Marketplace Buyers. File types supported are plain text (.txt), PDF, images (.jpg, .gif and .png), and Word documents in .doc and .docx format. The entire message shouldn't exceed 10 MB (including attachments).
    Note:

• Amazon reserves the right to delete or remove any attachment containing inappropriate content. Amazon reserves the right to decide what it considers inappropriate content.
    • You can use any information the Marketplace Buyers provides to contact them, but we strongly recommend that you use the Seller Communication Centre. This service ensures mail is filtered for spam and possible phishing attempts, and we'll maintain a copy of all correspondence which can be used to support any A-to-z Guarantee Claims submitted by you.
    Sincerely,

The Amazon Team

Amazon Europe S.C.A. (société en commandite par actions), partnership limited by shares, is a company registered in Luxembourg, Registration Number (RCS Luxembourg) B 153 265, with its corporate office at 5 Rue Plaetis, L-2338 Luxembourg. VAT Number LU 24448288. Amazon Payments Europe SCA is authorised by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier as an Electronic Money Issuer (licence number 36/10). Amazon Payments are trading names of Amazon Payments Europe S.C.A.
    Cody likes this.
  2. Dean

Dean

I just had it twice - both to email addresses that have nothing to do with Amazon :D
    beacon hill likes this.
  3. Top Labels Online

Top Labels Online

Yep, got them at least 5 times in the past 2 weeks. the best thing is always to log in into your seller account and check the messages there.
    I don't reply anything that doesn't come via them unless I speak with someone over the phone first and I can trace it.