1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

STARTING A CRAFT SHOP?

Discussion in 'Start-ups & Business Advice' started by Jonathanhannon, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Jonathanhannon

Jonathanhannon

My partner has a separate business idea to me, which is making personalised scrabble frames for all occasions. She has tried listing them on Facebook, eBay, Gumtree, shpock just to gather interest in them and hopefully get orders coming in, however orders seem to be very slow coming in so would anybody know what is the best way to sell them or can you recommend a craft shop which would be interested in purchasing something like this? Or is it best to just pay a fee to eBay and try and set up a online store?
    Any advice would be very much appreciated .
    Thanks for reading
  2. Cody

Cody

Hello, well I think the best course of action is to look at your listings. Are the images showing the products/ items at the best potential. Is the description strong, and inclusive of some really good keywords?

Are you doing any marketing for them at all?

Remember as this has just started out, it can take time, however all this hard work needs to go into it to make a success. Nothing happens instantly.

You could also talk to local retailers, try to find who's in charge around there, get a meeting together and pitch to them. The idea of the product. The supplier price, the retail price, how much can be made and delivered in time to their warehouse etc.

Something your friend is selling sounds more like it needs to go on Etsy to me. Much more creative, and ideal for this type of business.
  3. catpullover

catpullover

What my friend did (she has a customized jewellery shop) is that she joined some community on Facebook, where she knew there were people who are interested in her products (eg. female advocate group) and advertise. But not just advertise all the time, she became an active member of the community, giving advice, beauty tips, and stuff, then get word of mouth advertising from that. She also expands her business by dropping some samples in a cafe, souvenir shops, bookstores, etc.
    Cody likes this.
  4. Cody

Cody

Yes! Get involved with good Facebook community groups.