1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Starting off with virtual assistance flexibility

Discussion in 'E-Commerce and Online Selling' started by techseller95, Apr 4, 2020.

1. techseller95

techseller95

I'm keen to start my own online Shopify business. For now it will be just myself and partner involved and will be quite small. However, in the future, once it has gotten large enough, I will be keen to sign up to a virtual assistant to manager customer communications (customer tickets as well as emails).

I want to make sure the software/solution I choose for email and tickets when I start the business, is something that can allow delegation of responsibilities to a virtual assistant. Are there any clear market leaders for that?

I was thinking of using my domain name with Google's G Suite software to give me an email experience like GMail. I know this allows account delegation but I do not know how good this is or whether there are better solutions.

With regards to customer ticket solutions, I'm not sure I need this initially but when I do implement it, then I was thinking of Zendesk. I have heard of this before and I know it allows quite a lot of account delegation. But what I don't know is whether there are better solutions or better value for money solutions out there.

Thoughts?
  2. Jed

Jed

Zendesk is definitely the market leader and most commonly used, however probably not the best value for money due to its dominant position which it's had for a very long time.

You should also check out the Zoho app suite as they're also a big provider, I personally find their suite and in app experience a bit confusing to navigate at times, but your view may be different.

https://www.zoho.com/
  3. techseller95

techseller95

Just took a quick look and Zoho's cheapest package is £10 per user per month where as Zendesk is £5 per user per month. Unless I'm missing something, Zoho is twice as much as Zendesk. Is there anything else that makes Zendesk poor value for money?
  4. Dan G

Dan G

Agree with @Jed on this. I have had to use Zoho in the past and find it really hard to do simple reports and task as locating the info I need in an easy way just seems clunky. Not sure if it's a personal preference as I know some people seem to love it, but much prefer Zendesk
  5. Jed

Jed

6. techseller95

techseller95

Thanks for this, and in terms of which email solution to use which uses my domain? Is Google G Suite the best option?