1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Starting to sell products with commissioned reps

Discussion in 'Retail Business Advice and start ups' started by T D Sales, Mar 9, 2013.

1. T D Sales

T D Sales Banned Member

I said right reasons

And like the new banner Pete, International advertiser wooooooooooooooo get you
  2. Pete

Pete

You certainly noticed it before I did. Only time I look to the left is if I think there's a spammer sneaking in. :)

I'll check it now........

Cool part is it presently exempts me from the SS mess.
    Tango34uk, Volantary and liamhawes like this.
  3. T D Sales

T D Sales Banned Member

So its Sunday Night, Just finished making Folder/Catalogue Number 6, And all ready for my 6 meetings tomorrow, Over 300 sheets of paper designed/printed and laminated to make catalogue's and another 200 sheets printed for the contracts ect....

Im going for Trousers, shirt (open top button) smart coat and shoes, So not a full on suit, but not too casual either.

Tired but still excited, will keep all updated :)
  4. eAuction

eAuction

Sounds good. Where are you holding the meetings?
  5. T D Sales

T D Sales Banned Member

Im visiting the applicants at there houses so i can get a proper feel about them and there home ect.... I thought that was best.
  6. Scorchio

Scorchio Banned Member

Also, you can get them to make you a cup of tea and while they're out of the room, you can nick their family silver ;)
  7. T D Sales

T D Sales Banned Member

You are just plain wrong................in the head
  8. eAuction

eAuction

Good choice. If you see a mattress in the garden or Rottweilers then just walk past...
    toysandgifts and T D Sales like this.
  9. Gary

Gary

Sounds like you have been working hard on this and I hope it works out for you, make sure to keep us updated :)
    T D Sales likes this.
  10. Vimal Vyas

Vimal Vyas

We are leading manufacturer and supplier pllaning to appoint the authorized agent for our most potential products for european market, can you guide for that
  11. toysandgifts

toysandgifts Banned Member

Well Pete? Could you guide them?
  12. Pete

Pete

Yes, I will guide you Vimal.

There are several steps you could take. First, in whatever countries you are interested in being represented, you should search online, maybe through phone books and other directories and through trade magazines dedicated to your industry. Look for, or even advertise yourself for these terms - Manufacturer's Agent, Sales Agent, Sales Agency, Manufacturer's Representative, Sales Representative. You can also add the word "Commissioned" in front of those terms.

You can also visit any trade shows or trade fairs that would seem to fit for your industry, even at the edges. You can walk through the showroom and find many agents.

The agents I am talking about above are professional sales people who sell for several or even many manufacturers. I often use as an example an agent who may specialize in goods for hardware stores. He / they will seldom have two lines that compete with each other, unless one is clearly low priced and the other is shigher priced, so they do not actually go head to head against each other. He may represent thes different factories - ladders, paint brushes, electrical wiring, electrical switches and receptacles, paint, spray paint, tools, plumbing parts, etc. He may also have gardening tools and garden hoses and wheelbarrows that he sells to both hardware stores and garden shops. Or his contract may limit him to just hardware stores, while another agent is restricted to garden centers.

Anyhow, that is my advice. Good luck with your hunting!
    toysandgifts likes this.
  13. T D Sales

T D Sales Banned Member

So i said id keep you all updated. Well i have had 9 appointments over the last 2 days, and signed up 5 sales agents at present, I am now concentrating on sourcing new products ect.... as well as selling. So only time will tell i suppose if any extra sales start rolling in.
  14. Scorchio

Scorchio Banned Member

Did you hire any nice pieces of fluff with a big rack?
  15. toysandgifts

Did they give you coffer? tea? biscuits? glass of water? or just said, "sorry, outta food"
  16. T D Sales

T D Sales Banned Member

Lol yes they did offer Tea ect... and all were very respectful proffesional type people, out of the 9 i took on 5, 2 could not be bothered to be in, and the other 2, well lets just say i walked past as 1st impressions on property/area was not great
  17. toysandgifts

Just walked past? That's a bit harsh. I live in a pretty messed up area, and I'm fine (well, I think I am anyway)
  18. T D Sales

T D Sales Banned Member

Yeah it might be, but never mind ehh :D
    Its also abit harsh that 2 of the cocks didnt even answer the door, only cost me 2 hours and petrol for nowt.

And when i say messed up i mean seriously, really really REALLY bad
  19. toysandgifts

Prob in the bathroom,
  20. Volantary

Volantary

There are some parts of Nottingham I don't even drive through for fear of getting my car smashed in at traffic lights, I can entirely relate :p