1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Starting your own e-commerce site: how to get started?

Discussion in 'E-Commerce' started by psxgamer, Jun 27, 2013.

1. kls88

kls88

Ok thanks for replying. Don't suppose you could suggest a good website builder for e-commerce?
  2. psxgamer

psxgamer

Opencart is my n° 1 favorite
  3. LSPAUL

LSPAUL

I would recommend using WooCommerce. Its very powerful and customize-able for all budgets and will work for any store size, from a couple of products to thousands of products.
  4. Amelia2

Amelia2

PSX Gamer,

Thank you for the useful info! Can you share some details about how our eStore functions? What is the business model your game store is based on? I'm thinking of starting eComm business related to digital games? Thank you in advance!
  5. psxgamer

psxgamer

I'm running a retro gaming shop. No experience with digital games. Can only say you can use Opencart for it. Digital downloads are a build in function.

No longer have the same business model as I started with. Now have a physical shop next to my online shop. Organised a retro gaming convention a few weeks ago. Will have another one by the end of 2017. Looking for a suited time/location to organise one beginning 2017.
  6. Amelia2

Amelia2

I see. Is there anything that prevents you from going digital? I myself consider opening a digital games store. Have you got any idea on how to sell digital downloads? I mean a model in which you source games from a distrbutor for free and then you sell them to your audience, paying the percentage of sales to the distributor. Any idea?
  7. psxgamer

psxgamer

Nope, not familiar with digital games.
  8. Mike Cartwright

Mike Cartwright

Blogging plays a major role in the success of your e-commerce site. You can source keywords and check out which ones are relevant and recommended for your niche site. You can start with How To's and tutorials as they're easier to create.
  9. mark aston

mark aston

Hi
    Wondered if you could help. I'm looking for suppliers my an online shop I'm presently getting together. Any suggestions on suppliers, I'm finding it hard to locate correct guys for a men's dapper collection.
    Thank you
    Mark
  10. Jewellery Wholesaler

Jewellery Wholesaler

Hi Mark

What sort of stock are you looking for?

Kind regards

Kelly

11. mark aston

mark aston

Hi
    Clothing and accessories for the dapper trend ie short blazer / tweet jackets /shirts / waist coats etc

Thank you
    Mark
  12. Jewellery Wholesaler

Jewellery Wholesaler

Hi Mark

We have a large range of men's rings in stock.

Kind regards

Kelly
  13. Mike Hills

Mike Hills

I truly like this thread, the ts provided points that I want to try it as well. Thanks!
  14. lissajhone

lissajhone

This is a wonderful a Post i Also started my ecommerce site you can check this one: ***********************************