1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Stock Market - Beginners Advice

Discussion in 'Money, Accounts & Finance' started by uhafmail, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Jason8

Jason8

All about Rockhopper (AIM:RKH) :)
  2. Zurrgle

Zurrgle

Hey, does the site use the real world market? Or is it 100% simulation?
  3. Mckergan

Mckergan

Wanted to quote you just so you would get this..

An incredible read mate, have looked through basically all of this thread..

This is definately something i would love to get into, money is short at the minute though..

Good read though, well done!
    uhafmail likes this.
  4. uhafmail

uhafmail

I don't have much time - last set of uni exams starting on tuesday but... Check out Cove Energy. Shell made a bid of 195p which was outbid by PTT shortly after at 220p. Shell have come back in for it and matched PTT 220p bid.

The share price currently sits at 226p - in anticipation for another bid by PTT.

The risk/reward ratio here is great.

If PTT come back in, i would expect a bid of at least 240p. And if PTT want it - which they obviously do if they bid, then they will know they will probably need to bid higher than Shell.

If they rule themselves out then Cove get sold for 220p and you will lose about 3% and if there is another bid then expect a 10% upswing plus the further potential of Shell bidding again (probably less likely though).

A £10,000 leveraged position here will cost you £1000, if no bid comes you will lose around £300 and if a bid is made you make £1000 profit (essentially doubling your money).

I would say there is a 70% chance of another bid by PTT.

*Not intended as financial advice*
  5. Jamie Robson

Jamie Robson

Well currently hold MXP, XEL and RRL.

Hoping to see RRL continue theyre upswing and gain another 10-20% tomorrow! Then news tuesday would be nice! Bought @ 8.6p target 50p

With XEL waiting for EWT and RBL to come in then should see my investment start paying back. Bought at 116.9p target 450p

MXP waiting for NUR-1 results to come in! Bought at 14.5p target 100p
  6. liamhawes

liamhawes

Use to be in RRL a while back, history of being a tad volitile for me, remember them saying 50p target back at 24p a share. Personally in ESSR, BP, TSCO, TCG (bit risky), AV. Looking to add, SIG, BRBY, MUL, NXT. to be honest lovely time to be buying shares atm, just sucks holding in this time, Have to look at 5+ years though myself
  7. Mitch

Mitch

I have a quick question, just reading up on the London Stock exchange about "Cluff Natural Resources" going public, here is a document I found that was published about it:

[​IMG]

If John Algy owns 100% on the shares before admission, and then his 100% suddenly changes to 11.5% but he still keeps 10,000,000 shares then where are the other shares coming from? How is the amount of shares per company decided? Or is it the same for every company.

Thanks very much for the help in advance
  8. uhafmail

uhafmail

Well just decided to revisit this post from 6 weeks ago. Well PTT did come back in and at 240p like i predicted. The shares how trade at 264p a share with the anticipation of Shell making a further bid.

The £1000 leveraged position when i pointed this out would have made you nearly £1700 profit :).
  9. Jamie Robson

Jamie Robson

Who you invested in at the moment Tom?
  10. Hamzah

Hamzah

I am new to the stock market, I know practically nothing. Where should I start?
  11. Fadtastic

Fadtastic

erm google or iii.co.uk advfn.co.uk

I am invested in RKH, GKP, looking to open XEL and Just sold on KEA
  12. Jamie Robson

Jamie Robson

Got £2k but cant find anyone i want to invest in :/

BOR are looking interesting with the stebbing results due within the next 2 weeks.
  13. uhafmail

uhafmail

Would anyone be interested in a more advance introduction to the stock market? Additional topics may include reading Level 2 data and spread betting, the pros, the cons and how to use it.
  14. Volantary

Volantary

Honestly it makes my brain hurt and I thought I was pretty intelligent! If you could do an advanced introduction and still make it comprehensible to those who don't know that'd be epic :)
  15. Ian08

Ian08

I would Tom, definitely ....... reading this thread a year ago inspired me to register for selftrade and also Bullbearings..... I'd love to get into it more though.
    cheers,
    Ian
  16. beacon hill

beacon hill

Cant get your investor Tom website to work
  17. uhafmail

uhafmail

Down at the moment, it may make a come back later in the new year but no plans at the moment.

I will see what i can come up with on the stockmarket guide when i have some time. I think screen shots would probably be useful.
  18. liamhawes

liamhawes

19. David Ross

David Ross

I am planning to invest in stock market but i don't have yet idea about it and i am really glad that you share some tips,i can say i still need to study more on stock market because in business it is not just you are smart it is matters all.