1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Stop spamming introductions!

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by PG, May 20, 2011.

1. greedyboy

greedyboy

They should add this feature to the for sale section too ;)
  2. Tracy

Tracy

Yeah the Marketplace has gone a bit mental this morning.
  3. greedyboy

greedyboy

Agreed.
  4. ballymoremonty

ballymoremonty

TheDevil likes to bump those threads doesn't he?:D
  5. TheDevil

TheDevil

Not trying to bump them - I won't be around much the couple of days and somebody is covering me to look over things - Just trying to generate business for him while I am away in the hospital.

Didn't mean to offend anyone and it won't be done again :welldone:.

Alan
  6. Anthony

Anthony

Indeed, the functionality has been disabled as it was skewing all of the search results and creating a much larger problem for our members. We had no choice but to disable it as it was badly flawed. That said, you come to expect things to have pitfalls as we are pretty much 'hacking' an existing framework that was not designed or constructed by us in the first place. All good fun!

The good news is that we have amended the plug-in and will launch it again later today. We have had to use a different method of achieving the same output, so it will be a little different than what was originally released.

I'll provide a further update once we've launched it and are happy that it's stable.

Thanks.
  7. Anthony

Anthony

UPDATE: 08/06/2011

We have just released the new functionality which filters posts residing within the Introductions Forum from appearing in the search results.

The message alerting you to unread posts in this section will now appear at the footer of the table rather than integrated within (see attached screenshot). In a previous version of this functionality we added a new line to the table and placed this message within, however this was causing the search results to throw out errors meaning we had to do it slightly differently.

Although we have tested this fully, please do let us know should you come across any bugs.

Thank you.
  8. PG

PG

Brilliant - Thanks again!
  9. Tracy

Tracy

Excellent :welldone:
  10. John

John

11. Gary

Gary

Looks like a good compromise :thumbup:
  12. game-tec

game-tec

Is it possible you could also edit the TapaTalk plugin to exclude these?
  13. Anthony

Anthony

I think that would be beyond our reach unfortunately as Tapatalk is a separate piece of software all together. Tapatalk do not open up their plugin for development and since the software is hosted via the phones accessing the plug-in itself, we have no direct control or way to manipulate it.

What we can and will be doing is releasing a light-weight mobile friendly version of the forum meaning you can access the site via the web (not via a bulky app) and benefit from all the regular features.

Thanks for all the other feedback - glad it's a useful addition. Maybe we'll look at a way in which you can individually select which forums you wish to ignore meaning you can focus on the discussions you're interested in the most.
  14. PG

PG

Yup, selecting your own forums would be a great addition!
  15. game-tec

game-tec

I'm not sure how hard it would be, as I have never developed for vbulletin personally, however it seems TapaTalk do now offer some kind of API for "hacking" the plugin. I can't remember seeing this previously however, so maybe its new?

Either way, it may be worth at least looking into? http://www.tapatalk.com/api/api.php
  16. Anthony

Anthony

@ game-tec: we will certainly take a look and see what's possible. Thanks for the link.
  17. PG

PG

Has there been any looking into selecting personal threads to view?

JP
  18. PG

PG

Sorry to be a nag, but what happened with the "like" button??
  19. Michael

Michael

I hope it was banished to the hell they call facebook!
  20. Gary

Gary

Well said that man!