1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Subcategories in the "For Sale Section"

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Benjamin, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjamin

Benjamin

Hi there,

im really new to the forum, but nevertheless i would like to suggest something that could be done better from my point of view.

In the for sale section there are far to many threads, and as forum registered sellers pay for everyone of these it's a pity that some of them might not be recognized after a time because the section is too crowded, and only the very popular threads suceed to stay on top.

One possibility would be to create subcategories such as "Apparel "Phones" "MP3 and other gadgets" etc .. you see the scheme.

Another would be to move threads in which all articles were sold to a subcategorie called "Done Deals" or something like that ( I'm against deleting these for i find it quite interesting to browse completed transactions, look at the prices, products offered etc )

But letting all these threads whose transactions were actually completed just in the "for sale section" makes this a very crowded mess, hard to keep track of everything.

Thats all for now ... no licking for my poor english, please, I'm still young and able to learn :D

Please let me now what you think of this suggestion ... and show to our beloved User "CONFUSED" that suggestions of non-popular members will also be considered :niceone:
  2. Oddjob

Oddjob

Its been said before mate
  3. Benjamin

Benjamin

sorry , feel free to delete this thread ... maybe i haven't realised that others have alredy suggested because everything is too crowded *only making fun

i know how hard it is to keep a forum tidy, since i had one for private purposes, with a much smaller number of members
  4. Anthony

Anthony

It's still work in progress I'm afraid.

I haven't decided fully what I want to do with the for-sale section. It will be changed, and soon.

I'll keep the thread open just in case people have any suggestions/comments they wish to add.
  5. glasshaus

glasshaus

I think there should be a usa and english section but this would amount to more problems than its worth,

I think maybe 2-4 sub sections to keep it simple but to divide it somehow,
  6. YNWA

YNWA

yea i think USA and Europe would be good as I mainly supply UK but get lots of requests from USA buyers.

Also the sub sections is a good move, it will make the for sale section look a lot tidier in my opinion.
  7. Oddjob

Oddjob

It doesn't need to be split into diffrent countries USA/Europe this is a worldwide commuinty on here ,
    Just something like a clothing section and electonics section , just keep it simple
  8. tom456

tom456

What is the need for a USA/ Europe section as most sellers ship internationally. If anything this will reduce the business sellers are getting because members from the UK probably won't look in the US section where there WILL be members selling to the UK. However, I think that the sub-catergories are a great idea, helps you to find what you are really looking for.
  9. Beneddie1112

Beneddie1112

i also think this is a great idea as most of the products sold are electrical related andif your looking for clothing it can be quite strenuous;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.