1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Taking card payments

Discussion in 'Payment & Shipping' started by alex6t2, Sep 11, 2017.

1. alex6t2

alex6t2

Hi,

I want to take B2B card payments over the phone, online and also remotely (e.g if I take an order in a trade fair I would look to process payment back at the office). I also want to take B2C card payments from my website very soon. What is the best solution for me? Do I need two solutions, one for B2B and one for B2C? Which company(s) is better?

For B2B I'll be taking payment in the region of £50-£2000 on average and probably 10-30 times a month. For website B2C payments will be more frequent (at least that's the plan) but of lower value.

Thanks.
  2. Erik

Erik

Hi alex,

I believe PayPal would be your best answer. The PayPal plugin accepts card payments even if the payor does not have a PayPal account. It could likely work with remote payments as well using their Card Reader, which just needs to be attached via phone:
    https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/credit-card-reader

As for paying over the phone, I am not sure how will that work for card payments. The best step for you though is to contact PayPal and ask them for payment options you could use.

All the best!
    sharon jones likes this.
  3. InfiniteBargains

InfiniteBargains

We have a PayPal here card reader and you can take phone payments with it, there is an option on the app to input the card details, customer postcode etc. There is a higher fee for using it this way though rather than using contactless or chip and pin, its 3.4% + 20p I think.
    Cody likes this.
  4. Birkdale Payments

Birkdale Payments

Hi Alex

General rule of thumb - PayPal @2.95% +20p per transaction is fine until your monthly card sales exceed c£2.5k - then a merchant account will give greater flexibility, increase payment conversions plus be low in costs.

You can make MOTO payments (over the phone) or via your website with a PCI compliant paypage, in addition, you can email payment requests to your customers so they can pay online.

Let me know if you require further info on a merchant account and I can help with the set up

Rgs

Andrew