1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

The Memories Gallery/ Front Line Trading

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by Ben-Prestek, May 10, 2010.

1. mrsmacca

mrsmacca

Hi all, I was ripped off by Paul Robbins in December 2009 at the Arndale Centre Manchester, and know I am not the only one that day who didn't receive there goods. I have still not received all my goods. I paid £40 for 2 mounts and frames which also included postage. I bought them as Xmas gifts, as we neared Xmas he promised me they has been sent by courier and they would arrive by Cristmas eve, they never did and I was left without 2 gifts for family. During countless phonecalls (when he answered) he used that many excuses, he was in a meeting, he was driving, the courier service are to blame....... when you express your concern he acts hurt by your accusations. Eventually I was promised a full refund and the goods. I did receive the 2 mounts but no refund or frames. The Arndale tried to help but there wasn't much they could do. I contacted Trading Standards who advised me to text him (as I didnt have a landline number for him) I was requesting a refund and give him so long to reply. The next day he called and acted all surprised that I still hadn't received all the goods or a refund. I asked him for the special delivery number but surprise surprise he didnt have it, he was driving and would call me back. He never did and I have been unable to contact him since. I have given this man that many chances to resolve this but I believe him to be no more than a thief. If anyone knows of any new contact details for him or any tips on what I should do next then please help.
    It mite be 12 months since he ripped me off but I will not let it go. Even if I dont receive my goods or a refund I will be more than happy to see him get whats coming to him either via the police, watchdog whoever.
  2. KidsT

KidsT

Contact Lincolnshire Trading Standards, the are aware but the more people that contact them the better. They will probably say they cannot help directly if you do not live in Lincolnshire, but to contact Consumer Direct, but in my experience they are a complete waste of time. Try Tommy Tickles post as Roman seems helpful enough at the moment. Also contacting the Police might help but as I pointed out earlier the amounts are small and it is probably not high profile enough for BBC Watchdog, but try anyway.
  3. babydoo22

babydoo22

I bought 3 frames from roman from the freshney place shopping centre grimsby at the beginning of december they was supposed to be ready for collection the following tuesday, i was working so instead went on the wednesday morning to find the stall closed, i then went back wednesday afternoon and was told no sorry they wont be ready till thursday, again i went back thursday and was told go back on friday and offered a free frame and mount. On the friday i finally got the 3 frames and mounts i had paid for. Got them all wrapped as christmas presents. When they was opened we found the mounts was too small for the frames so the following week 4 times i went back but the stall was closed. On the 5th day the girl finally re ordered them to be picked up the following monday along with the 4th that was given for free. Due to me working i wasnt able to get to town until the thursday but when i did go they wasnt ready again so was told to go back. This morning i went back again to find they was still too small for the frames leaving a gap that looked ridiculous down one side. I was Pauls and his wifes mobile numbers but no one would answer so instead i called roman to be told he left the company and nothing to do with him. Finally when i did get hold of Paul he gaurenteed he would get the problem fixed for tomorow and nothing more he could do. So i came home and typed his name in google and came across this web page. Knowing his stall would be closing in the shopping centre tomorow i went back demanding my money back to be told no sorry the sales rep only has £50 of which 10 is for petrol, 10 for parking and the other 30 her wages. A nearby police officer came over and tried to sort the problem speaking to Paul over the phone but he says he is away in London and cant do anything until tomorow but he gaurentees my money back in the morning. The sales rep told me they would be in the shopping centre at skegness tomorow where they are based so i thought quick call to them to let them know what this man is really like but the guy at customer service told me he knows nothing about it. I must have phoned Paul up to 50 times today with no answer but as soon as i told him the police was involved he soon returned my call
  4. eatmyshorts

eatmyshorts

5. babydoo22

babydoo22

Thank you so much for that link. After we finally got our money back we was asked to email 3 different people from freshney place shopping centre explaining what happened and what we saw from other customers to ensure that memories gallery was stopped from returning later this year. I hope you dont mind me also forwarding this link to them to ensure he doesnt con more innocent people out of there money