1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

The Scandal of RM claims

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by 1320star, Jul 31, 2017.

1. 1320star

1320star

We are going through 2 claims with RM, I have just had an email telling me that they need proof, ie an invoice for the cost of the item to us. This is impossible as we do not buy them, and nobody buys them 1 at a time but in 50's or more. They are trying it on again with this as prior to this when they lost an item we claimed online and sent the ebay invoice of price paid and thats what we got back. I was told more than once by an RM rep on the phone when asked what was needed for proof of cost for the claim and that was the eBay invoice amount. They seem to be trying it on again.

Not only that but we filled another claim out fo a lost item and they say they never got it!!!..........how do you not get a form filled out online, going to talk to my Lawyer about this.................so basically they loose an item which we pay for the service, they ask for proof that is impossible to supply and they get away without paying you out.

rant over:(
    Dave likes this.
  2. Jed

Jed

Moved to the shipping section :)
  3. Kingamer

Kingamer

How is it hard to supply a invoice with cost. Does not the invoice state the quantity you bought and they can do the maths and work out what it would cost for single unit

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  4. ApolloV

ApolloV

I'm not sure of RM T&Cs and would be happy to be corrected but can't you present an invoice of what the item sold for rather than what you paid for an item?
  5. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

Yes I had this problem some time ago and just gave up ever filing with royal mail again. Havn't had many things lost but what you have to fill in, sometimes just doesn't make it worth it depending on what the item sold for and I think they make it long winded so people don't bother wasting their time. If you sold an antique how are you supposed to value it not that one would send it through royal mail but the fact the original invoice has to be held for an item can't be justified in some cases esp if the item is old or 2nd hand etc