1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Threads being closed for discussing sensitive issues

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Volantary, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ross

Ross

Bloody hell you lot are going on and on, wheres the unwatch thread button.
  2. Gary

Gary

Sorry but all I read is blah blah blah with the majority of these posts repeating themselves and each other, and it is mine (as anybodies) right to defend myself and my actions, which I have done, everyone else has put their opinion accross, and regardless of the 44th post or not, I still do not see my actions as wrong, I am a member I am allowed to comment, and the reason it took me until the 44th post (apparently my 12th in the thread), to say "in hindsight I see it would save a lot of hassle" was because I was answering direct questions and explaining my reasoning, which in all fairness was what the OP asked me to do (but I didn't say I was wrong, that is Anthony's place to say and his alone), and to be honest you lot can go on all you like about it, but if I am not allowed to comment then I shall seriously consider remaining a member let alone a mod (and some people wonder where the old members have gone, my guess is they had enough of the ******** from certain members, including some who are unfortunately still lingering and most active in threads such as this, whether it be me or anyone or anything else).

And who says I was wrong, a very small minority of members (many of whom are the same as with any bandwagon to be jumped upon or any witch hunt to be had), the rest (as in the majority), don't seem to give a stuff.

And sorry JB, but it proves that a very small proportion of members like to debate things as again, it's mainly the same members over and over making the same poiunt again and again, that isn't a debate, not a real one anyway, that's one person saying something and the rest might as well just say '+1' or 'yeah' as it's the same level of tedium just going on and on to the point where it has now become boring a long while ago, believe it or not I actually enjoy a decent debate, which this is far from.

Yet again, let Anthiony decide, it is HIS forum after all.
    ladyvgw likes this.
  3. Digital Seller

Digital Seller

You know what I hate?

.....Big fat flies flying into my room.
    Ross likes this.
  4. Gary

Gary

Even that is probably becasue of having to waste time with rubbish like this, as they generally don't last that long if either of us are online!
    ladyvgw likes this.
  5. Just Browsing

Just Browsing Banned Member

I think you answered your own question
  6. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Whatever.
  7. Just Browsing

Very mature response, thats what my eleven year old says
  8. Michael

Michael

We all give up our own time to be here and give advice and help where possible, so the moderators have to delete a few posts along the way, what difference does that make?

And the point about spam being active for over an hour and a half was only raised as 2 moderators were clearly active during that time, either writing extremely long posts or posting adverts in the marketplace.
  9. Ross

Ross

Or answering this ridiculous thread.
    Gary likes this.
  10. Just Browsing

What gets up my nose is a couple of people thinking they own the bloody place. Just because some of us have voiced our displeasure at the rules(okay some of it is directed at Gary but not from me), then we are called whiners etc.
  11. SimonN

SimonN

Not to discuss moderation in the forums should be a rule. Otherwise these threads are going to keep happening.
  12. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Just for your information your Lordship and God of the forum - I posted my advert at 5.32pm. I then spent the next hour or so feeding and bathing my child which is why I did not delete that post so I apologize and humbly seek your forgiveness for putting my sons welfare above a spam post. As soon as it was reported it was deleted. I am sorry my mod skills are not up to your high standard, next time I will let my son go hungry and without his bath just so I can hover eternally over the delete button!
    LukeF likes this.
  13. Michael

Michael

I didn't say just you were online Vicky, seriously I think you need to check your attitude towards me and others after some of your posts today.

I will only let you speak to me like a **** (replace stars with four letter word beginning with C) so many times before I retaliate and risk my membership here.
  14. Just Browsing

Well im glad that some people dont take this forum to personally :rolleyes:

I think Vicky should take her own advice, see my post above
  15. Volantary

Volantary

Mate come on, this has gotten silly.
  16. Just Browsing

A few days ago I saw a thread where Michael said he was bored of TWF and Vicky said why do you keep coming back.
    She then posts saying that she is questioning her place here and then goes onto say that if people do not like it they should sling their hook!! I merely pointed this out and said she had answered her own question.
    Her response was "whatever" which IS something my 11 year old says so hardly a mature response was it.
    This thread is turning a bit personal but if you are willing to dish it out....well you know the rest
  17. Bethanyjane

Bethanyjane

New
    No one is forcing you to read the threads or indeed stay

#76Just Browsing , 3 minutes ago LikeReplyReport
  18. Bethanyjane

Bethanyjane

You do like to " merely point out"
  19. Just Browsing

Your right I do like to point things out, its my opinion you do not have to read my opinions, just put me on ignore and then you will be happy
  20. PrestonBros

PrestonBros Banned Member

I have to say spam has nearly disappeared on the forum since the new mods have arrived. I also respect all of the mods a great deal, and Gary and Vicky have assisted me many times in the past.

All these I don't see my place on the forum and I'm going to leave comments are fairly ridiculous. Forums will always be volatile and have discussions some people may not agree with, simply because they contain thousands of people who have polar opposite opinions. If people can't accept that, then I don't think being a member of a forum is for you.

As for this situation, I don't believe it is strictly the mods fault, it is the staff's fault.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.