1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Time to Put a ban On some items being sold here?

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Popcorn, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Popcorn

Popcorn Banned Member

Hi guys, you might all know me for my rubbish grammer and the fact im the anoying 12 yearold everyone hates

but it has come to my attention that...
    1) Alot of goods recently in the electionical market hae had items not show up and iphones All gone "missing"
    2) If we did get rid of theys items you may be thinking the end of the market place n0000!!!! but no... i've got a plan up my sleave!!!!
    3) Theirs been hassle... I dont like seeing people worked up over businiss

Now my plan you might be wondering?

If ever new seller here. everytime they are going to sell a product it gets searched over by anthonay (Greedy boy can post as nomle so can pete and poblow and sam and the other lot the ones who havent had any claims agiants them) If the item is a orange or a red listed item on my wonderfull list im gong to upload later
    it has to have a deposit of 10% Worth in cash to anthonys if the buyer gets scammed the money is Sent to the buyer to help get him back on track while waiting for his cash back
  2. uhafmail

uhafmail

I know your heart is in the right place but it will never work. Sorry. If i wanted to scam people 10% is nothing. I could scam people out of £1million as it will only cost me £100,000.
  3. Oliver

Oliver

apologies if this sounds harsh but this sounds like a full of hassle plan and flawed. money to anthony, thn in the case of this and that? There seems to be one issue at the moment with one seller, everything else seems rather 'complaint' free.

But a nice contribution popcorn :)
  4. Oliver

Oliver

although if im uncluded in this list as 'unaffected sellers' i dont mind if other people have selling restrictions imposed. May work in my favour :p
  5. Popcorn

Popcorn Banned Member

I meant.. If someons been here longer then 6 mounths no problems agiants them they get let of fa little more...
    but what i ment about the cash thing was...

Proof of stock
    10-50% Depoist or something depending on what level of the item
    Vaild proof of stock to every member of this forums
  6. uhafmail

uhafmail

What about those who do brokered deals, it will never work. And 50% is a huge deposit.
  7. Popcorn

Popcorn Banned Member

Or something on the lines of that...
    Also brokard deals are the worst for being scamed on... no offence to anyone who dose them...

Sorry its just i would love to become a Advertiser here when my product section im going into i just dont want people being scared of tradeing
  8. uhafmail

uhafmail

Brokered deals are fine as long as the seller uses a safe payment method to pay his supplier.
  9. Popcorn

Popcorn Banned Member

Cool... Sorry i've Just learnt must of my sence from "Dodgey deals" And Learnt alot from theys forums (Dodgey deals as in selling stuff for people which can be classed as ilegal if selling to kids...
    im not talking about weapons more on the lines of crates of fosters and stuff
  10. uhafmail

uhafmail

lol selling crates of beer at 12?
  11. Popcorn

Popcorn Banned Member

od can here and their...
    About 30£S worth at the skatepark... + chewing gum + all that lot :p
  12. Oliver

Oliver

valid proof of stock...a picture is hardly going to prove everything, they could have stocked them years ago.

maybe more emphasise on the itrader system agreed, but not sure this deposit would work
  13. MacLover

MacLover

Only one member (CVUK) has had complaints against them so I don't think any banning of items for sale in the marketplace.
  14. Oliver

Oliver

maybe each seller should have a pending sales list, so people can see if there are a lot of transactions planned with a buyer. Not that that would help much, but it may give a indication of the sellers with lots of interest at that time.
  15. PT

PT

Moved to Forum Support & Suggestions!
  16. Beneddie1112

Beneddie1112

Winnie?
  17. MustHaveMobiles

MustHaveMobiles Community Moderator

Is the suggestion not simply a version of an Escrow system?

If so there are legal implications and requirements to be taken into account which make the whole process far more complicated than it needs to be and could kill most "trades" dead.

Business is about trust, trust is built from trading and trading is built from research. NOONE can guarantee a good deal, many good dealers have turned bad (just look at some of the real big sellers on Ebay that just simply disappeared and received 100's of negs almost overnight). Anthony provides the trading service through the forum and already goes a considerable way to try and protect the integrity of the forum and its marketplace.
  18. greedyboy

greedyboy

Brokered deals should be banned. If the seller does not have physical stock in their possession then they shouldn't be able to sell it. Stock that is delayed more then 7 days should be an automatic refund.
  19. lemonwonder

lemonwonder

Proof of stock... Only if they have it. For example, when listed, a mod would give them a unique code such as AS234S54S that they must write on a piece of paper and place it on their stock photo.

But for people who take orders, and then send those orders direct to the supplier to send out to save on postage, well these guy's couldn't even list products any more!
  20. MacLover

MacLover

That was about iPhones? I thought it was about games:eek: