1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Time to Put a ban On some items being sold here?

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Popcorn, Sep 15, 2008.

1. lemonwonder

lemonwonder

You simply tell the supplier that. My supplier I know on a really good level, and there would never be lies or anything like that to me. Also, when using fedex for example, there is a weight tracking thing.. Now if they go along saying I got half my order and a large iron cube that weighs about 30kg... then get tricky on the supplier.
  2. D M

D M

Maybe not lies but what about a mistake?

Supplier suppose to send 10 new widgets. Buyer says he receives 10 refurbished widgets. Maybe the supplier made a mistake or maybe the buyer is attempting fraud?

Too many variables out of my control for my liking.
  3. lemonwonder

lemonwonder

Then in that case I'd have the buyer have all the "widgets" sent to me for inspection... then if needed i'd resend to supplier or back to buyer depending on results
  4. greedyboy

greedyboy

But if you have the widgets in your warehouse already, you can ship them quicker and ensure they are the correct type!
  5. D M

D M

If he's commiting fraud and sends back refurbs (he bought off ebay) will your supplier give a refund?

At least when you ship them (as greedyboy pointed out) you know you're sending the right stuff. Any problems and you KNOW it's attempted fraud and you will happily testify this in a court of law.
  6. MitchNZ

MitchNZ

If you can afford it then hold stock, if you cant then you shouldn't be brokering it (in case something happens). You will get faster orders, higher profits because of lower shipping and cheaper prices because of larger orders, People will be more likely to buy from you as their items will arrive faster with less hassle. as for getting stuck with stock, your profits should easily cover the few left overs, if an entire product fails you need to research better.

The only situation I can accept is Lemons because I am in the same situation and have considered brokering stuff on here myself, I haven't gone through with it though because if I was the buyer I wouldn't buy from me. I doubt many people want to deal with somebody in New Zealand brokering stock, theres too much distance between China, New Zealand and the UK. I doubt if the seller claims the order is wrong they will be very happy having to send it to New Zealand so you can see for yourself that it is and then having to wait for you to send it back to the supplier and the supplier to send it to them, depending on the size of the products the shipping could get in the $1000s for that easily.
  7. eAuction

eAuction

When I broker I recieve the customers order first as I take full responsibility for paying tax and duty on the item too. I then check it's correct and ship it out. I would never dropship wholesale as such.
  8. Pete

Pete

BTW, didleysquat.com is available. It's for sale at this time, if anyone really wants to promote the product this fall.