1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Top Questions Asked by Start-ups

Discussion in 'Retail Business Advice and start ups' started by fd.ltd.uk, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Normany

Normany

If i was to start an ebay business, Would it be more const effective for me to run as a sole trader? thus saving on accouting cost etc?
  2. Gary

Gary

It is cheaper to operate as a sole trader yes, although you still need to keep books and submit tax returns this is far more basic than the requirements for a ltd company so even if going through an accountant it would work out cheaper
  3. Normany

Normany

i dont have to pay VAT right untill i dont cross the threshold? correct ?
  4. Gary

Gary

That is correct, basically you can just forget VAT completely until you reach the threshold in a rolloing 12 month period (not the tax year)

Basically you obviously pay VAT on purchases and cannot claim it back if unregistered, however, you don't need to pay it on your sales either, so although you can technically register for VAT at any time, it's seldom worth doing so until you need to.
  5. ThomasStr

ThomasStr

This is a very informative post. Thanks for that!
  6. Tonzeff

Tonzeff

Very informative Thank you!!:)
  7. livetvaccess

livetvaccess

This is a fantastic post, very helpful for me here in Ireland because the system is very similar, thanks fd.ltd.uk
  8. delwin

delwin

Hello
    Good information.
    thanks for this sharing.
  9. annagreenang

annagreenang

Thank you for your great tips, soon I'll be starting my own business and will keep your suggestion in mind
  10. annagreenang

annagreenang

Wow, thanks for sharing such helpful information with us.
  11. EzoneDistribution

EzoneDistribution

Very helpful tips for start-ups.
  12. GOlsen

GOlsen

this site is a godsend! thanks for the info!
  13. JN2802

JN2802

Helpful tips!
  14. Imran41

Imran41

You have given some answer that i was looking for. thanks.
  15. AlbertDavid

AlbertDavid

Good one. One that all the new business owners should read. Great work!
  16. Rita Berg

Rita Berg

Investors rely on business plans to evaluate the feasibility of a business before funding it, which is why business plans commonly are associated with getting a loan.In this regard, what tools of financial modeling and business planning do you use?
  17. Rita Berg

Rita Berg

Are you prepared to invest significant time into the business to get it up and running?
  18. Lilysun

Lilysun

For me this information was very useful, thanks. Now I need to change something in my plans.