Toys R Us possible bankruptcy!

Discussion in 'Retail' started by ladyvgw, Sep 18, 2017.

1. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

2. Jed

Jed

I'm surprised its taken this long, been saying for years they would go under but somehow they've kept defying me! :angry_imp:
  3. Cody

Cody

:O I'm surprised it took so long to be fair. My local store is quiet. The only people I ever see in there is the staff.

Online sales are a killer for high street retail stores. A shame really, as we move forward with technology - suiting this tech-savvy generation - there are still those that still find it easier to walk around a store to test and look at the products.
  4. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Couldn't happened to a nicer company! Had some dealings with them a few years ago and the buyers were the most arrogant a-holes!!!
  5. Erik

Erik

Really expected, although amazing it took a while before they went down!

Means people are getting lazier and lazier. I am sure a few years from now the next biggest selling item will be the wheelchair :grin:
  6. Cody

Cody

Sign me up!
  7. Dean

Dean

Our local store was always deserted on the odd occasion I went in there. They should have closed the physical stores a long time ago and stuck with online.
    Cody likes this.
  8. Cody

Cody

To update - they have declared that 1600 of their stores are profitable across the globe so will keep those open.
  9. Dean

Dean

Yes, I saw it in the news and they said it was currently only affecting their US operation.
  10. Cody

Cody

Ah I assumed it was globally. Hmmmm either way, their stores here don't seem to be doing well :/
  11. andrew page

andrew page

Rather ironic a shop what is usually placed in out of town shopping areas draining towns of shoppers and shops overpriced and ignorant staff good riddance