1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

TWF In 2014

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Jed, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jed

Jed

@Anthony @Erik @Lace
    Have we got anything to look forward to in 2014 for the forum?
    I think for a start we need to get some new trophy points added as most active members have maxed them out long ago.
  2. Gary

Gary

Shall we take this as a no?

The new trophy points have been mentioned multiple times, even coupled with small rewards for contributing members which was agreed as a good idea, but seemingly as with several others that's where it hit a wall!
    Volantary likes this.
  3. planner

planner

I think we should all get 50p a message,likes & pints. ;)

Its like they have gone & left the lights on behind them?
  4. Ross

Ross

Gary have you heard from any of the staff recently?

I think it's a bit of a joke that there has been no appearance from any of them in ages.
  5. Jed

Jed

I spoke to Erik before Christmas in regard to prizes for the eBay listings competition. Stockshifters legendary slowness hasn't failed because as far as I know they still haven't been sent :rolleyes:

Just looked and Lace hasn't been on in 4 months :eek:
  6. Ross

Ross

Apparently Lace has left and is part of another blog now according to a post I read the other day.
  7. Jed

Jed

She abandoned ship without letting the crew know then? :(
  8. Ross

Ross

Yep. This is her blog http://vanilladigital.ph/blog/ seems Anthony is involved too.
  9. Pete

Pete

Well, it's doing OK on autopilot for me. I am up to my ears in sourcing requests. Never thought I'd ever sell 50,000 eyeglass nosepieces....

Or cookie cutters, for that matter.
    planner likes this.
  10. planner

planner

You can't keep a good man down. :)
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  11. Gary

Gary

Staff were off over xmas but back now although apparently very busy from what Erik was saying, who knows what's going on in the background? Certainly not helping a forum that's already slower than it once was, I personally think it's in need of a bit of a shake up and actually putting some new ideas into action (or even some of the previously agreed ones), but sadly I'm not holding my breath!
    Dave likes this.
  12. Erik

Erik

Hi everyone (and sorry for the late response),

What Gary said is true that we had our break over Christmas and New Year. Just actually got back Thursday and we got a lot of things to catch up on!

Apologies if we do not seem to be "active" during the past week, leaving work for a break piles them up, and as I have shown the moderator team, I got over 160+ registration queues that needed to be reviewed (all done now) and multiple support tickets have already been escalated to us for resolution. Also have to fix some management things (I'm now also the one in charge for external relations, that includes social media, which I still need to follow-up), so time is getting a wee bit too short for all things needed to be done. We're about to get into normal loads anyway so staff could be attending normal operations over the next few days.

Let's answer the queries first:

1. About TWF points - We can still add trophy points if everyone would like it. However we still need to contact our devs in making the adjustments. Add to that, we could link in rewards to it (which would mean senior members could get them automatically due to the massive number of posts and likes :) ) but a term of "redeem and deduct your points for prizes" thing might be impossible with current trophy settings.

2. Events - I plan to continue pushing on the suggested business feature in our newsletter. As I am well aware, your usernames are not the only things important for members, but businesses as well. A small business feature in our newsletter could be another means of exposure, and it will be done monthly. Different from member spotlight, we won't be asking a series of features, instead, chosen businesses will be asked for a complete introduction and staff will feature it in the forum, socials, and of course, the newsletter. For now (January 2014), we'll be featuring one business chosen by TWF Staff, but for the succeeding months, we'll be casting a vote off for each, so members will have the opportunity to decide which member / business truly deserves to be featured.

3. Prizes - Apologies for the delay in receiving prizes on our giveaways this December. I have contacted the team in charge of deliveries so they could be sent out asap. (No bashing guys, apologies if the system seems to have changed now). Naturally once the new team handling these prizes will see how the usual TWF way works, we'll have these items rolled out faster. Also, I believe we're already out of shirts, but we still got mugs pens and notepads, which I plan to add in some features we are planning to cook up for everyone.

But again, apologies if we seem to be just in the background for some time. A lot is being changed in the background (Lace has indeed moved on to her own venture, but it's a good thing as it for her personal growth, no hard feelings for us :) ), but we are still coping up with all these changes. Ultimately we cannot perform everything at just one go, requires a little getting used to in our end but we'll try to keep the mood back in here the best that we can :)

I'll keep everyone posted of the new features we'll add for this year :). And oh, I guess a community vote is needed if we'd like to push for additional trophy points :).
    Jed likes this.
  13. Dave

Dave

Erik,
    What about the changes to the advertising membership that was mentioned months ago, is this going to happen?
    IMO I think the forum has been neglected for months, members post threads asking staff for updates but it seems that nobody cares.
    What are the plans for 2014?
    For me this used to be the premier business forum but unfortunately it hasn`t been for a long time and other forums offer better advertising membership and content.
  14. Erik

Erik

Hi Dave,

I agree to you and your idea that 2014 could be better with an answer from the advertising membership concerns. For now, we are also waiting for an answer to it. What us staff could wish for now is that we could provide you with answers, or perhaps, make our own answers. If it were just us deciding on it, you know what would our answer be, after all, we'd like to use the old methods too. However, it's a given fact for us that an answer would take some time, and for Jenilee and I, we could only wait until such time we could get a straight answer.

Don't get me wrong, numerous emails have already been sent out, but no meeting has been scheduled yet on the deliberation for the previous meet. For all we know things might be busier way beyond our knowledge point or that they are currently coming up with a strategy on dealing with this. As part of TWF, I do think it's been a while now since we got that meeting and an answer should be due, but also as part of the company, I still respect the fact that a decision might really not be easy to come by. After all, any type of decision has consequences coming along with it, and as a business, I think big decisions like this need to be thought of very well.

What I can say for now is we are also waiting for the answer, and I hope that it would come soon.
  15. Dave

Dave

So nothing has changed.
    Ross, planner, Pete and 1 other person like this.
  16. Nick-D

Nick-D

Is Anthony still involved with the running of the forum in anyway? I've not seen him about for months.
  17. Volantary

Volantary

With all due respect Erik the largest businesses don't take 4 months to make a decision. They may take years to implement it but if it's taking 4 months just to decide the direction you'd like to head in someone needs to oil the cogs a bit!

Good to hear you're all alive though :)
  18. planner

planner

Sounds like you're having a meeting to discuss the previous meeting. It also sounds bad Erik when you & Jenilee are still waiting to hear to emails you have sent? I am glad a valued member on here pointed me to a different forum. This forum use to buzz with activity when I first joined. Now it seems to be turning into a ghost town.

Tom Evans likes this.
  19. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

Is the post to the other forum still available to view on here or has that been deleted?
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  20. planner

planner

I think that post got deleted or the forum was xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.