1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

TWF In 2014

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Jed, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave

Dave

Gary,
    I have blocked mine as well, unfortunately until some other filter options are put in place they will stay blocked. When I use my phone / tapatalk, I can see all the adverts
    and I can`t figure out how to block them.
  2. Gary

Gary

TWF is responsive design now so you don't need to use tapatalk ;)

Each to their own of course mate, I just see blocking TWF Advertiser that way as they pay to advertise here (so in my opinion they should be allowed to be seen out of fairness), I guess this is more so than bronze, gold, etc. But understand why they post them here as some may find them interesting as they're featured deals and staff picks
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    Dave likes this.
  3. Dave

Dave

Just checked it out using Safari and think I will stick with tapatalk, so much easier to navigate.
  4. Gary

Gary

Haven't actually tried tapatalk yet, i rarely access on my phone anyway to be honest
  5. Pete

Pete

I think as much as anything it was the "my way or the highway" attitude at the time. The total inhumanity of telling even the smallest 1 piece dropshipper who paid to advertise here that suddenly they were no longer welcome, and thanks for your donation as there are no refunds.

Just the seeming ignorance that there are sales methods that do not suit the SS platform. Someone said there was just me and one other here dropshipping, but in truth there were many more. There were small sellers dropshipping games, PC parts, cables and such, toys, clothes, vacuum cleaners and much more, Suddenly they had the rug snatched from under them and, unlike my cats, did not end on their feet.

It was not just what was done, but how it was done.
    jamhun, Volantary, Tango34uk and 3 others like this.
  6. planner

planner

You have hit the nail on the head Pete.
  7. Erik

Erik

Hi everyone,

I certainly won't argue with everyone else with their opinions and as noted, Helen has already replied to the thread. Both of us had a good talk today discussing TWF as a whole, and of course, emphasize the fact that the voice of the community must be heard one way or another.

So, we'll soon hand out a short survey, basically a series of questions that would tackle most about TWF, not just the advertising platform. I reckon that it might contain a number of topics, but I believe this is the best thing the staff and management could piece out so everyone's opinions will be weighed in. I also suggested it to have a suggestion area in that upcoming survey for anyone who would like to see something being improved, changed, or any other great idea into play that would benefit both TWF and the community. This will be sent out directly to the management once done so they can assess the best way to support everyone.

I certainly hope that everyone would participate as this will be the reference of Recoverex as to what its members would like to see. We'll post the questionnaire anytime soon (probably sometime next week).
  8. Gary Ashe

Gary Ashe

the members it affected most, left months ago eric, from what i can see/read, have you 'managed' the free tshirt and mug distribution yet to the 'lucky' winners, if not, when will you be having a 'power' meeting to 'discuss' the matter..
    Tango34uk and Dave like this.
  9. Pete

Pete

Indeed, this needs to be more of a "what can we do to get you back" sort of thing emailed to everyone who has ever registered, not simply a questionnaire for currently active members.
    planner likes this.
  10. planner

planner

As Pete said above.

Also what Gary Ashe said as well.

Members have been telling you ( not you personally Erik ) this months ago. Nobody listened then why will we believe they will now. Its a shame as its lost that (can't think of the right word/s at present) :(
    Volantary likes this.
  11. Tango34uk

Tango34uk

Yes I will take part, yes I will be 100% honest, but in all honesty a statement that says it will be posted soon, "probably" next week, dosnt sounds very good to me, this is the sort of thing that should have been ready to go when you posted this?

But I will leave me "negitivity" for the questionare and keep looking for a replacment forum, that will give me what this used to before the merge!
    planner likes this.
  12. Fishpalace

Fishpalace

I am fairly new to the forum, just over 12 months ago and had noticed that a lot of the regulars dropped out during the first half of 2013 for a host of reasons. I do not really remember 'back in the day' as was not really involved however a couple of observations -

Since they left the richness of content, banter, expertise has dropped

There are still some very good contributors but not as many different conflicting views which I thought added great value and humour too. The site needs feisty characters who may need their wings clipped from time to time but not in a parent child way (my take on numerous threads relating to bans).

I thought Gary and lady gov run the forum but since realised that was not the case but never actually understood who run this business other than the mods. This is a key issue as TWF is rudderless and without one of the owner/key controllers being involved I do not see how you can understand and evolve the forum as you are too far away. Organising webinars or special deals for TWF members would help to add value and show integration with members. Do something different that keeps members engaged and wanting more.

The forum is a trade off as those who contribute a lot need to receive value and this is via selling their own products and services and if they cannot do that then they walk. The owners need to decide if this is a key component with vastly experienced and different contributors bringing the site to life and attracting people to join or not.

If the answer is no then do nothing as your plan is working as attracting new members will decline and the number of posts will continue to drop off. If the answer is yes then you need a model that makes you money but attracts individuals who will by their nature implement your plan by helping others and contributing great threads but also have the opportunity to make money for themselves.

I do not buy via SS but have used the services of 2 members and will continue to do so. Would I buy product from a faceless site no but I would from individuals I trust.

Your approach of reaching out to speak to those who do is a good start although if you do this you need to back it up with actions otherwise the situation will have been made worse.

Not convinced about a questionnaire as it confirms you are not close enough to what's going on and you risk only hearing one side of the story as those aggrieved are likely to respond, where's the balance. Sounds like TWF have a PLC mentality of let's have a questionnaire to solve the world. A company of this size should have the agility to speak to members, get involved and make the change.

One thing is for sure, whatever you do will not be welcomed by everyone and those who do not like it will create the most noise therefore be clear about what you want to achieve and go for it.
  13. Tango34uk

Tango34uk

Well put, its probably easier for the ones of you that don't remember the "old days" as all you really know is what this forum has become. We used to be a community of sellers (that paid to sell within the forums) buyers (that didnt have to pay any "extra" commission on their purchases) and people like me that were sat in the middle, helping where I could asking questions, getting involved with the banter, sometimes I would make a purchase and just before "that update" I was looking at advertising here.

Things changed, I understand that, and SS got involved, a lot of good people left, some new people joined, and some of us would just like the old way back - which I expect isnt going to happen no matter what we say or do. Whats the answer - I dont know, but if it haddnt been for this forum I wouldnt still be running a small business making a few extra £££'s and enjoying myself in online sales.

I suppose what I would like to see, is a world back to where it used to be, where UK sellers coulkd pay for advertising membership and advertise in the forums, where the forum owners would make there money from that, but I sort of see that this isnt going to happen either.

The answer - not sure, and im not sure they will ever get it right, as there is no way they will go back to how it was. Just a shame that a forum that wasnt broken, had to be "fixed" and ended up broken after the "fix" :(
    planner likes this.
  14. Pete

Pete

Duncan Hines recommended "A place with character." Most of the "characters" have been banned, run off, had their sales opportunities lost and such. There are few "Characters" remaining and a bit a adult repartee is sorely lacking.
  15. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

I look forward to a questionnaire, but a questionnaire is something that should have been brought to the forum long ago well before the forum decided on any merge, as all this will do now is drag this on for longer and probably won't alter anything by way of this forum changing, whereas we would all like the forum back to how it was and quickly.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  16. Gary

Gary

I can see the point of the questionnaire, however I doubt that many will complete it, as some good (and valid) arguments were from some that are no longer with the community, therefore, a better idea would be to prune threads such as this and other feedback threads, to tailor the questionnaire somewhat based on that but to also consider opinions displayed from people in general even if they don't complete it, if changes are made it's still doubtful it will bring those people back, however at least it could provide a better model moving forward, not only for current members but other who will join in the future, my suggestion would be to make it a little less black and white and add a bit of grey in the middle (basically relaxing things a little and introducing more ways for buyers and sellers to interract should they wish to).
  17. Volantary

Volantary

I think the content of this thread and indeed many threads on the subject since before the merger happened will sum up the opinions of the forum members better than a questionnaire will. A questionnaire will be a repetition of those opinions at best, and at worst those with opinions worth listening to may not even respond and you might get an incomplete picture. Definitely a step in the right direction though.
  18. Volantary

Volantary

I knew many people at school who wrote like that too, they got far better marks than me :( I blame teachers!

Thanks for the response, I strongly hope that something will come of this!
    planner likes this.
  19. Pete

Pete

And the saga continues......................
    Dave and Tango34uk like this.
  20. Dave

Dave

:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.