1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

TWF In 2014

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Jed, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebafy

ebafy

Good to hear but without sounding like a sour grape, this should have been done many moons ago. As a paying advertiser, I think I have the right to know as to where all this will lead.
  2. Helen

Helen

Understand and agree.
  3. Fishpalace

Fishpalace

Helen, I agree we don't need a response to every comment as would probably be counter productive.

What we need is pace and agility to make positive changes for both the owners and members alike.

My point is you don't need a questionnaire to do this as it is not interactive and depends very much on how you pitch questions etc. I have seen and participated in many of these over the years with a very mixed response and outcome.

If you want something dynamic then how about some focus groups with members past and present (can be done via telephone or video link via Internet) who will give you bags of feedback.

You will need your tin hat as i am sure it will get lively and you will need to pick out what is appropriate. Use this along with bags of feedback from threads over the past 12 months and you will have more than enough to make an informed decision that is aligned with your strategy and operating model.

In fact there is probably enough info in threads to give you what you need.
  4. planner

planner

Helen, re: this,
    No offence but if these members have flown the nest how are you going to get their opinion? In my opinion it is too little too late. R.I.P. TWF.
  5. Fishpalace

Fishpalace

May still have old email address or telephone number archived.

If the forum could recapture some of the old best bits mixed with some new ideas then new members may join, stay and contribute. If old members can see some commercial benefit to coming back would they say no or go where the money could be. I don't know them so unable to comment but if they are commercially savvy ( which I am sure they are) then some may return.

You may well be right as current position will continue to erode the forum unless the owners intervene in a positive way over a sustained period of time.
  6. Pete

Pete

Friday is the slowest day here. Even emailing the questionnaire to the entire list, you'll have a lot sit in inboxes over the weekend and then be ignored come Monday. I'd think you'd get a better open rate if you tried Tuesday morning.
  7. Pete

Pete

Nobody throws away email addresses. I'd bet that everyone who has every joined is in a file somewhere.

Years ago Anthony (remember him?) had his hosting cut from under him and the forum was offline for a couple of days. I let him use my sequential autoresponder to send over 25,000 emails at that time. They have the addresses, not all current, but they are in a file, I'd bet on that.
  8. planner

planner

I am not 100% sure about this also. BUt didn't some advertisers renew their advertising only to find out
    I bet they are. Wonder how many respond to it.
  9. Helen

Helen

I've access to the system to email out to everyone, so that should work. I'll do it today, and post it up so we don't get missed in the Friday lull (or have to wait until Tues)
  10. Erik

Erik

Update everyone, the survey is out and announced here:
    http://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk/threads/twf-support-survey.207875/

We'd like everyone to answer this survey as truthfully as possible, and this will then be viewed by the whole management to have a proper grasp on the best steps to be taken to improve TWF. As Helen mentioned, this will be sent out via email as well so any method (via email of via the link I provided) will be fine.

Thanks,
    Erik
  11. ebafy

ebafy

Lets see who takes time out and actually completes this!
    For the benefit of the community... I've just signed and sealed it. Took all of 5 minutes as the questions I felt where pretty mundane.
  12. Dave

Dave

I started another thread as Erics was locked but I did it as well and reckon this place is done for.
    planner likes this.
  13. Ross

Ross

This is the type of survey you do to rate the phone operator that calls you from Barclays, not to sort the problems of this place.

I can't understand why a survey is even needed. Let us advertise on the website we signed up to years ago, not on Stock Shifters.
    planner and Pete like this.
  14. Pete

Pete

Such a simple solution. No committee meetings, no long sittings with lattes in hand. That would never work.

They simply DO NOT GET IT.

It's not about the sections visited. It's about local advertisers being run off and SS dominating the marketplace. We are now 7 pages into this thread and they still don't get it. A bunch of academics trying to manage a real marketplace. How many of the management have actually owned and operated a small retail or wholesale business of their own? They cannot walk in our shoes, they are ignorant of the realities of the marketplace they are trying to manage.
    SimonN, jamhun, planner and 2 others like this.
  15. Volantary

Volantary

I'm not even going to fill that in and I agree with the people above, the questions are completely missing the point.

I'm sure you could get stats about user activity using Google Analytics or built in forum stats, as well as which sections are most active. No business goes on here, so my favourite thing would either be "giving/receiving advice" or "for banter", neither of which are useful to this investigation. It's clear what members don't like because you have a thread full of it here.

I genuinely designed better questionnaires in year 9 maths. Your questions need to be finding specific, accurate information in an unambiguous way. You've essentially repeated a question by asking why the user visits TWF and what their favourite thing is. You've focused half the questions on why a user doesn't visit TWF; if they don't visit TWF any more they sure as hell ain't gonna open an email and answer such a nothingy survey.

And to top it off I didn't even get the email.

It's clear we're not even having the same conversation. This should've been "here's what we propose to fix the issues", you can't even work out what the issues are from the questions asked. This situation makes me feel like the hours I've spent typing in this thread were 100% wasted.
  16. Nick-D

Nick-D

If you go through the first bunch of questions there are a few good questions later on that will let you put your thoughts forward, not really sure what you were expecting from the questionnaire?

I've put my 2 pennies in, you've got to be in it to win it.
    JermaineR8, Dean and jamhun like this.
  17. Tango34uk

Tango34uk

I have filled it in, but it wont make any difference, I think they forget that in a time before SS took over (sorry slip of the keyboard I meant merged) we were able to purchase in safety, The questions they asked were loaded towards the answers they wanted, but im guessing they are making enough not to have to worry about what the forum is quickly becoming!

I understand they want to make money - here is an idea...... Do away with the SS method of selling, verify people like they used to, allow people that have paid for advertising membership to sell in the forum, send out a mass email and let all members new, old and gone away know that they have had a change of direction, and thus increase the sellers again, and the buyers again.

Or just keep doing what you are doing and very soon you will look around and wonder where you went wrong.
    jamhun likes this.
  18. Volantary

Volantary

I can agree with the concept on the questionnaire (there are certainly better methods of hammering out a solution but it's not a bad move), I just don't think this does anything to aid the cause. I expected "here's a solution, what do you think?" or "we think the problems are xyz, do you agree?" not "what do you like doing best on TWF".

If they wanted to just have a box where you can write your thoughts they could've done it on the forum, or better yet read what's already on it!
  19. Gary Ashe

Gary Ashe

i dont agree fully tango, the forum is what bring people here, not stockshifters, letting the forum slide any further WILL hurt stockshifters, and also other advertiser income, they cant abandon the forum, the site would die.

plus they dont have to do away with stockshifters, as they can still act as escrow, for a small fee, altho it comes bundled as part of their percentage, when buying from their site.
  20. Tango34uk

Tango34uk

and this is the problem, why should I pay as a buyer for this "service" If I didnt fully trust the people that were selling on this site then maybe I shouldnt be purchasing from them in the first place!

By the time you add in the small % suddently the prices in SS make it very hard to turn a profit on small purchases and If I am going to purchase in bulk then I will just go direct to the Far East / Poland / anywhere else and puirchase direct!

Go back to the days of HH and Pete + lots of others,all offering many different items on the forums - they paid for the rights to sell, they were checked out by the management and were (and are) fully trusted by many!
    jamhun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.