1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

TWF In 2014

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Jed, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary Ashe

Gary Ashe

because escrow as a buyer is best, and if that will attract new buyers, then im all for it.
    i want to sell here, in the market the way it was, and not have the price of my 'lots' burdened by 32% in add-ons, as i am not vat registered, as is the case with stockshifters..
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  2. Tango34uk

Tango34uk

I agree with you on that point, just dont belive that paying a % towards "safety" is the way to go!
  3. Volantary

Volantary

There's a simple answer to that: make it optional. Then if you want to pay the extra as a buyer you have the choice to. If it was as vital as the management seem to think it is they'll make a few bob out of it because lots will use it :)
    Tango34uk likes this.
  4. Gary Ashe

Gary Ashe

i would be happy to pay a small monthly fee for advertising and a 2/3% set percentage of sale price escrow, it's the punter that pays in the end.
    Volantary likes this.
  5. Pete

Pete

It weren't broke, but they fixed it anyhow.................. :)
  6. Tango34uk

Tango34uk

I agree completely, they "fixed" something that was work well and making money for the forum owners. Next add to the way they have handled the fallout, reminds me about large companies not hearing what there customers are saying.

Every time I type something in this forum now, I worry about if I have said too much, and might get a warning, I never used to feel that way :( If it wasnt for the fact that I would like to see the old way of doing things come back, I would have left ages ago, Im sat here waiting, and hoping that the current management team will wake up smell the coffee! and do something to save what was the best small business / dropshipping forum and for sale sight on the internet.
    Volantary likes this.
  7. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

I just found this quote from Anthony:

"Our members are the lifeblood of the community. Without their passion to participate and help others, we would cease to exist, let alone have the influence that we have today."

http://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk/blog/about/

Maybe he and the team need to sit down and re-familiarise themselves with this pillar statement.

Because of my absence over the last couple of months, I was unaware of the true extent of feelings from this community regarding the changes that have happened over the last few months, but after reading some lengthy threads over the past couple of days, I am just starting to see why there are so many unhappy people.
  8. Volantary

Volantary

Missed you Rick! It's been a while :)
    Tango34uk likes this.
  9. planner

planner

It must be a management thing.Where I work, Something wasn't broken so they spend millions bringing a new system in. Lads on the ground who know the job inside out are asked for their views. Management listen go away & bring it in anyway. They say they will listen but they don't.
  10. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

Well it's been a crazy few months, and the same has happened to me as everyone else- hardly any discussion so I just hit the back button!
  11. Pete

Pete

Is Anthony still involved? His absence and lack of comment seems like the missing elephant in the room. If anyone should be in this thread, I'd think it should be him.
    Tango34uk likes this.
  12. Ross

Ross

Totally agree Pete. What used to be so good is that every change/update came straight from the horses mouth but since the merge Anthony has disappeared off the face of the earth.
  13. Tango34uk

Tango34uk

It would be nice to know, if the people that advertise do sell in SS, and if they do, do they "make" more then they used to in the "old" days - no I dont need to know 100% what they have made, just an idea - as I am seeing this from my point of view, just wondering what others (as sellers) feel? Or maybe a better way of putting it would be..... do they intend to pay for more advertising rights when the latest ones run out!
  14. Fishpalace

Fishpalace

Just read it.

It had passed me by that the forum is 10 years young this July although the same page states 7 years which would suggest that it has not been updated for 3 years, enough said.

What a great opportunity to promote the forum to outside world, dress up the site to welcome all and give some freebies away.
  15. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

I have only been on the forum about twice in the last 12 months but got the email today regarding the survey so filled it in, maybe other members who have left will do the same. I agree though that most of the questions have missed the point but I do think that there is enough opportunity on it to air grievances so think it is worth sending feedback to the team. Having said that I for one will not return to advertise until things go back to the way they used to be.

Curiosity got the better of me so thought I would pop my head round the door to see what was going on. I hope everyone is doing well :)
    planner and Tango34uk like this.
  16. Dave

Dave

Hi Vicky,
    Hope you and the family are well.
  17. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Hi Dave,

Yes all good thanks. Just gave birth to my daughter Sophie 2 weeks ago and the business is going great guns. Last was our best year yet, 38% up on 2012 :)

Just wish I was able to come back here to advertise :(
  18. Pete

Pete

Congrats on Sophie!

38% is fantastic!

Where do you think you are? Someplace that encourages wholesale sales?
    planner and ladyvgw like this.
  19. Dave

Dave

Congrats to you and Sophie :)
    I think it will be a long time before you start advertising on here.
    ladyvgw likes this.
  20. Gary

Gary

Congratulations on the new addition and the growth of your business!

It's good that you came to at least share your input as you are one of the members that are missed around here, so hopefully something may change to at least get you to come back more than twice a year!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.