New Feature TWF Web Awards 2014

Discussion in 'Forum News & Announcements' started by Erik, Nov 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erik

Erik

To celebrate our 10th Anniversary, and to show our appreciation to all businesses who have grown with TWF over the years, we our holding our very first web awards, celebrating all the efforts of eCommerce startups and their excellence in making online shopping a better experience!

[​IMG]

Do you think your website has provided an excellent service this year? Do you know of a member's website which has jaw-dropping designs, great innovation, and made your shopping experience better? Nominate them or your own website and let the community decide if they can be dubbed as one of the best websites in TWF!

Rules:

1. This contest is open to all members of TWF who has made at least 30 or more posts.
    2. A member with at least 30 posts may nominate a business website they like or may nominate their own business for voting.
    3. Nominees may be entered to any of the three categories listed below. The nominee may only be entered on one of the categories. Should the nominee gets voted to another category, we will honor the category chosen of the first submitted nomination.
    4. Furthermore, all nominees will automatically be included in the "Social Media Buzz" and "Best Website" categories.
    5. Public voting for each category will commence once the nomination period is over. The public is free to vote for their favorite websites for each category.
    6. The websites with the most number of votes for each category and three for the "Best Website" category will win exclusive TWF prizes.

Nomination Categories:

1. Best Home Page - Where users can feel the most welcoming landing page when they visit your website.
    2. Best User Experience – Where users can feel the ease of use and proper functionality of the website (navigating the site, management of pages, broken links, etc)
    3. Best Visual Design – Where users get to feel the effort the member has made to make shopping an art of its own (total design, visual layout, contrast of colors etc)

Special Categories:

1. Social Media Buzz – Where the nominees get to have the most total shares, likes, and tweets. All nominees of the first 3 categories are automatically included.
    2. TWF Best Website – Having the best overall design, from visuals to web service. (1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners)

Prizes:

The winners of each category(Best Homepage, Best User Experience, Best Visual Design, Social Media Buzz) will get the following:
    • A gift check on a store of their choice worth £100
    • Their own section in one issue of our monthly newsletter
    • Social Media promotion directly linking to their website
    • A custom TWF Banner on their forum profile, unique for each category winner
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Best Website 2nd Runner Up Prize:
    • A gift check on a store of choice worth £30
    • Social Media promotion directly linking to the website
    • A custom TWF Banner on their forum profile
    [​IMG]

Best Website 1st Runner Up Prize:
    • A gift check on a store of choice worth £50
    • Social Media promotion directly linking to the website
    • A custom TWF Banner on their forum profile
    [​IMG]

Best Website Grand Winner Prize:
    • A gift check on a store of their choice worth £100
    • Top section in one issue of our monthly newsletter
    • Social Media promotion directly linking to their website
    • A custom TWF Banner on their forum profile, unique for the Grand Prize Winner
    • 6 months of TWF Advertising Subscription*
    [​IMG]

*If an existing advertiser, the prize will be extended to their current deadline. If Non-advertiser, the member must still submit the necessary credentials for advertising.

Social Media Buzz Voting:
    1. All nominees who get voted for each category are automatically included in the Social Media Buzz category.
    2. Once the nominations are over, each nominee will be presented to our Facebook and Twitter pages.
    3. Anyone and everyone who follows our pages are allowed to vote for their favorite website. Each Tweet and Facebook like is equivalent to 1 point, while a Facebook share is equivalent to 2 points.
    4. The website who has the most number of votes will win the Social Media Buzz Award!

Bonus:
    1. All those who liked, shared, and tweeted the winning Social Media Buzz entry will be included in a mini-draw.
    2. Three winners will be chosen with gift check prizes worth £50, £30, and £15.

To nominate for your favorite website, simply reply below with the following details:

Subject: Web Awards Nominations

TWF Username of website chosen:
    Category:

**Nominations are now open and will end 7 December 2014.
    ***Nominees will be presented and voting will start 8 December 2014, to end on 4 January 2015

Good luck to everyone and may the best website win! :)
    Credits to Koen @psxgamer for the contest idea
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    Flippinsweet|Danny, psxgamer and Dean like this.
  2. Flippinsweet|Danny

Flippinsweet|Danny

Can i rather selfishly nominate myself :D

TWF Username of website chosen: dannyisnow
    Category:
    Best visual design
  3. psxgamer

psxgamer

As I came up with the idea I can't do anything else but to nominate my own site (just a pity the new design I'm currently working at isn't live yet). Looks 10 times better.

Website: www.gamewalhalla.be (or www.retrogamewalhalla.com if you want to have it immediatly in English)
    TWF Username of website chosen: psxgamer
    Category: best user experience
  4. Erik

Erik

Hi guys,

Please choose only one category as indicated in the rules:
    Reason for that is because your entries are already included into THREE (3) categories (the category of your choice, social media, and the main best website category). Adding one more would seem like overkill already ;)
  5. Flippinsweet|Danny

Flippinsweet|Danny

Edited :D
  6. psxgamer

psxgamer

edited
  7. psxgamer

psxgamer

No other contestants? It's gonna be boring with just two of us . Not even enough to play cards :p
  8. Flippinsweet|Danny

Flippinsweet|Danny

Shhhhhh ! We are in with a shot ;p
    manishp100 likes this.
  9. Gadget Universe

Gadget Universe

10. manishp100

manishp100

Self promotion time lol....

Subject: Web Awards Nominations

TWF Username of website chosen: manishp100
    Category: Best Home Page
  11. Dean

Dean

Don't worry about self promoting yourselves guys, its perfectly OK to do. As long as you have at least 30 forum posts then go for it! The more the merrier.

I'm surprised more people are not taking advantage of this!
    psxgamer likes this.
  12. manishp100

manishp100

exactly! lol
  13. manishp100

manishp100

you know the worst thing about this competition? I have just visited @dannyisnow website and realised how awesome some of his tshirts are.. looks like you gained another customer - and looks like my money will be frittering away lol..
    Flippinsweet|Danny and ladyvgw like this.
  14. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Wow, not many nominations! Its a great prize, I thought there would be people jumping all over this.

My nomination goes to -

TWF Username of website chosen: @UKbuyer1
    Category:
    Best user experience
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
    UKbuyer1 likes this.
  15. psxgamer

psxgamer

I think you added the wrong link. It takes me to the site of a competitor.
  16. Erik

Erik

lol alright guys, we're getting a few votes now (Too bad Koen and Danny :p).

Anyway, as Dean said, everyone is free to nominate themselves. Remember, this is just the nominations, and will not count as a vote. We'll conduct the voting once the nomination period is over. We'll send in a newsletter with the whole voting process to all members once it's out so we could get the best exposure for each and one of you.

By the way, the Social Media Buzz prize, it all goes in your efforts on how you will promote each of your posts in our socials. Share it to your friends and family, let them like and share your post, the more you get, the better chances of winning it ;).

Please make your nomination official and follow the nomination form:
    TWF Username of website chosen:
    Category:

Thanks! :)
  17. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

18. psxgamer

psxgamer

we're enough to play cards now :)
  19. Flippinsweet|Danny

Flippinsweet|Danny

Awesome :D
  20. Gary

Gary

Would be great to see more nominations (and self nominations), as many here will not know others websites, and like @dannyisnow you may even gain a little more custom from it, which of course is a rare opportunity for non advertisers!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.