1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

UK Pick & Pack Service...

Discussion in 'Sourcing & Freight Services' started by Inferno House, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inferno House

Inferno House Banned Member

2. Seraph

Seraph

And the more you do it, the more credibility you lose :rolleyes:
  3. nicky3clare

nicky3clare

Robert, I know we have had our disagreements over the Gamejelly situation but I agree that things aren't going well with some people at all. Not sure what Steve has been doing or is still doing (with his silly deletion of his own posts). Surely the only reason you would do that is if you didn't want people to read them, wonder why that would be?!
  4. greedyboy

greedyboy

Best to let Steve give a full and honest reply.

However I have subscribed to this thread as it's getting more interesting than Eastenders (with a bit of Crime Watch thrown in)!!!!

How many people have stock at Steve's place? Best get him to send it back ASAP if the service has been shut down.
  5. Michael

Michael

Very strange... why would you delete all of your posts Steve?
  6. nicky3clare

nicky3clare

Absolutely - Steve needs to give his response (even if he will probably delete it afterwards).
  7. Gaming.Products

Gaming.Products

From what i read before posts were deleted. He is saying that there is no one from this forum using the service.

However i was very close, however he stopped responding at a certain point.
  8. greedyboy

greedyboy

9. Michael

Michael

lol, thanks for the update Dean!
  10. nicky3clare

nicky3clare

Just what I thought he would say!
  11. hardwareheroes

hardwareheroes

Deans post been deleted too - PMSL
  12. nicky3clare

nicky3clare

It's catching!
  13. Seraph

Seraph

Absolutely.

Admittedly I haven't been here for long but I am genuinely shocked at how some 'business', gamejelly for one, people treat their customers.

I'm not a youngster anymore and have probably developed a nose for bull but I am really having an eye opening experience on what some people think they can get away with.
  14. boyscrapper

boyscrapper

From what I remember having spoken to Steve about this right at the start, he has a friend who works for DHL, and he started to get "mates rates". However this soon evolved into the pick and pack service and I am unsure as to how bonefide it really is
  15. Inferno House

Reply 1] No service being offered on here.

Reply 2] No stock held here.

Reply 3] No DHL being used on here.

Reply 4] My personal business - is my personal business, as long as it involves no-one from the forum then i can't see what the ongoing problem is here & definately cannot see why this thread remains open as there is nothing on offer?

Reply 5] No need for me to make any further comments as no-one is involved & no service is active. If you all want drama - watch the TV.
  16. mabseyuk

mabseyuk

What a complete crock of crap.

Why not answer the question I asked which is, how under DHL or any courier service were you doing this service so cheap and undercut a Royal Mail Monopoly. Some said here because it was "Mate Rates" and I can't believe you risked Forum members businesses and built a complete business based on "Mates Rates" which if true is defrauding DHL. Checking google cache you were offering a DHL service for a number of weeks yet now you are saying No DHL Being Used Here!

You deleted all the posts you made after I said I was showing DHL this thread and I think this just sums everything up.

So why not try and actually answer the question:

How were you doing this so cheap using DHL at around 65p a package.

Mabs
  17. Selvi

Selvi

Maybe steve was using a fleet of well trained pigeons, the real answer I guess he will never expose.
  18. Michael

Michael

My guess is there is much more to this than meets the eye, lets wait and see rather than making assumptions.
  19. Inferno House

The only complete crock of crap here is you being a drama queen.

Read the above post "no DHL is being offered on here" - i didn't say that i "didn't" use DHL...

Checking google cache you were offering a DHL service for a number of weeks yet now you are saying No DHL Being Used Here!
    And what? You love getting your hands dirty by the sounds of it.

You deleted all the posts you made after I said I was showing DHL this thread and I think this just sums everything up.
    And? what you want a medal? a cluedo badge?

How were you doing this so cheap using DHL at around 65p a package.
    What has this got to do with you? For all you know - i could have afforded to make a loss by working with customers on selling their items & reaping in cash that way (i.e: the ps3's, the fight sticks, the TV's, the PC mods e.t.c..)

Either way & as i keep saying, nothing is offered on here & nothing is pending in relation to this forum - i have plenty of sources (independant asian self-employed couriers are my best friend, same guys who do rounds for many warehouses & markets all over the UK) but even so i stress again - Mabs, it simply has sweet FA to do with you... If you wish to start interfering with my personal business then call me, or come & see me face2face.

This is what i love about this forum - 1 guy starts & the rest fall like dominoes, come on then - might aswell have the next one in line as Anthony loves the entertainment hence why the thread isn't closed...
  20. slgoods

slgoods

This sounds too much like the Candian eBayer who started offering cheap pick and pack rates and courier rates from Shenzhen. He insisted all his customer to get their supplier to ship to his warehouse before instead of sending out the contractor company to pick up the goods from the location. From getting goods into the premise and have inspected the cargo before shipping to them to the UK. This is how he got inspect all the suppliers for free. In addition, as he offered a pick and packing service he found out what sells well and amalgamated volume from his customer to get a better rate. He has a few ebay sites up selling cheap products and many wondered how he get the money to do it or courage to buy such massive volumes in. He also has a drop ship store moving his customers away from using him as a pick and pack company. He has done all this within 5 years. I am not saying this person who has put up the advert is planning on doing the same thing and he is probably very genuine, but it seems like a good opportunity to teach others something I have learnt. I am sure most poeple are on here have worked so hard to plough through this difficult economic times and business intelligence is vital for their survival.
    I had a few clients who paid me a lot of money to do sourcing for them but it all very quickly went to waste. Although some clients used me again to source for a different product quite quickly, I felt a lot for all of these clients. But they didn’t know why the market changed so quickly for them to be priced out market until one of my suppliers told me. Remember service is just like buying products, if it’s too good to be true it probably is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.