Unemployed with no capital wishing to start with dropshipping, where do I start?

Discussion in 'Start-ups & Business Advice' started by VerinESC, Jul 8, 2018.

1. VerinESC

VerinESC

I've done a bit of reading and found websites that you list their products on eBay or Amazon and that whole process. I'm just wondering what restrictions will I face early on? Is it feasible to start an eBay/Amazon page with solely these items? What things should I google and learn more about?
    Wholesale Sportswear likes this.
  2. Cody

Cody

You're going to need to learn more about the entire dropshipping process - there's a guide I put together on Dropshipping Best Practices for those looking to learn more. This guide explains all of the basics, restrictions, issues, and more.
  3. VerinESC

VerinESC

Thank you very much, I'll give it a look. I was also wondering if I was missing something on the list of dropshipping suppliers on the forum, there only appears to be one which is Brand Gateway.
  4. Wholesale Sportswear

Wholesale Sportswear

Hi there @VerinESC

I noticed that you were looking for dropshippers on this forum.

We are setting up a brand new drop ship service for branded sportswear and accessories. We are due to launch mid August, and are still accepting applications. We will be Europe's first ever branded sportswear only dropship website!

We'd like to invite you to book an appointment with us to discuss this. Here is the link:: https://wholesalesportswear.co.uk/drop-ship-service-21
  5. Jed

Jed

It is possible, however I would suggest you DO need a little bit of capital. If you have to process a return or pay fees before sales funds clear then you'll need to be able to cover that. A few hundred pounds would suffice if you're starting small.
  6. annagreenang

annagreenang

Thank you for giving helpful advice
  7. SaleHoo

SaleHoo

If you do not have extra cash to spare for your customer's orders, you will have to discuss this direct with your dropship supplier.

Some suppliers offer a credit line meaning, they will just deduct the amount to your credit line when you receive a sale - no need to pay them right away. This manner allows the dropshipper to send the items directly to your buyer without waiting for PayPal/eBay/Amazon to release the funds. Once the payment is available to withdraw, you can send the payment directly to your supplier to cover the balance from your credit line.

It's always best to negotiate terms with your supplier to meet halfway. After all, suppliers are also keen to make a sale.

I suggest you check this post out for some quick tips to overcome common problems when dropshipping: https://www.salehoo.com/blog/how-to-avoid-common-problems-with-dropshipping-suppliers
    Cody likes this.
  8. The Wholesale Community

The Wholesale Community

At The Wholesale Community we give FREE advise to newbies in this industry. You can find our website and get in touch to arrange a time for a face to face meeting or we can schedule a call. Soon we will have our Business Health Checks on our website and you will find this a valuable source of information.
Tags: