1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Urgent- Opencart coder/ developer needed

Discussion in 'Services Wanted' started by Emma2, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Emma2

Emma2

Hi Everyone,

I have been following the forum for a couple of weeks now but I'm still rather new. I'm finding this forum to be of immense value but I do need some help. I've run into a spot of bother, I need an e-store made and the developer who has been promising to do it for the last couple of weeks keeps trying to sell me a Magento £2K store which I don't think I really need.

I have deceided I need Opencart. I already have the content, logo and images ready but I need someone who can install Opencart and skin it for me as the site will be retail and I need it to look bespoke.

Please help guys!

Emma-Katie
  2. psxgamer

psxgamer

Have alrealy registered your domain? And you'll need hosting.

Installing OC isn't that difficult. There are a few screencast available on the OC website showing you step by step how to install it.

Skin = template? When you buy a template most of them contain instructions how to install it.
    Emma2 likes this.
  3. shopafrolix

shopafrolix Banned Member

Who are you hosting with, as some host companies provide a OpenCart quick install feature, I know 1&1 Internet does
  4. Emma2

Emma2

I haven't decided on the host yet but I have to say my skills at putting something together myself is limited. I really need someone who can do this for me. Any suggestions welcome.
  5. shopafrolix

I'm in the same boat as you , but slowly learning ! see my websites ***************************, *********************, ***************************. They are all hosted with 1&1 and have Opencart installed. The Kids Costumes site has a theme designed by forum member Rocket Templates, and my Parcel Shop Logo was designed by member Saajan at Electro-Host. Hosting with 1&1 is about £4.99 a month and they have a quick install of OpenCart available which is simple to do BUT will not allow add ons or template. Or else forum member Pete will host and install OC free at about £4-5 a month. When accessing opencart you just add /admin/ to end of your domain and start work ! It's pretty easy to navigate and I guarantee a novice will build a simple site within no time. If you get problems with OC, you can just ask on here and someone will guide you.
    Daniel Mulligan and Saajan like this.
  6. redspell

redspell Banned Member

Hi again Emma,

We offer a high level of support for our hosting clients and we work with the majority of cart software so we can certainly help you get up and running with opencart.

You don't have enough posts to PM yet so click the link in my sig if you want to contact me for more info.
    mastersg likes this.
  7. eAuction

eAuction

£2k for a Magento build is cheap if the quality is good.
  8. psxgamer

psxgamer

I'm hosting with Pete, well known here on TWF. Very surprised he didn't post a reply yet.

Hey Pete, where are you????
    Pete likes this.
  9. Ebazoo

Ebazoo

Hi Emma,

We are experienced in Open cart and Magento. I believe I can assist you with you're issue. We have recently took a job from a client who was left in a similar position to you - his developer disappeared middle of project.

Please contact me and I will provide a quote for this service. We can usually create a fantastic bespoke design + install everything on you're server and provide you backend access to test, all within 4-5 days; depending on exactly what you need assistance with. You won't have to worry about anything at all :)

Email me at: (Email Hidden for Privacy) for an immediate reply

Best Regards
    mastersg likes this.
  10. Emma2

Emma2

OK thanks very much, I have sent you an e-mail via your e-mail.
  11. Emma2

Emma2

I think Magento's just too complicated for me to update on an ongoing basis.
  12. Pete

Pete

Emma is looking for more than I am capable of providing. Hosting, simple fixes, inspiration, yeah I'm there. Design, coding, not my thing. Let's say I've knowingly avoided this thread. :)
  13. Emma2

Emma2

Ok, no worries, thanks for replying.
  14. psxgamer

psxgamer

Do you get a free Big Mac for you 10.000th post?
  15. Pete

Pete

Have to ask Anthony about that............

I'm generally the last to find out. Never pay much attention to that sort of thing, but I guess there are not too many into the 5 digit class.
    bigheadedcow likes this.
  16. thegirlyfunhouse

thegirlyfunhouse

hi How do you install the software on 1and1 ive tried looking and cant see how this is done. thanks helen.
  17. shopafrolix

log into 1&1 account, look for 'Click & Build' under 'Website Applications, find Opencart and follow instructions on how to instal
  18. thegirlyfunhouse

thegirlyfunhouse

Thanks for that i found it. Is it possible to use the opencart software on my pc to build the shop then upload it to 1and 1. they say you can and i guess that would give more flexibility. but would require re uploading after every update.

can you also let me know if you can use xml feeds for product lists from suppliers to update stock levels by using the package installed on 1and1
  19. shopafrolix

I think you can download the files once installed using Filzilla FTP software and then upload the changes, (although I've tried and it won't let me) but I think 1&1's version won't allow modules or extras like templates or xml feeds.
  20. thegirlyfunhouse

thegirlyfunhouse

Thanks

i have downloaded it and assigned the sub domain you can use to test things to have a look at it.