1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Using TWF as a guest is terrible

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Volantary, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Volantary

Volantary

Hi all,

Obviously I very rarely come on now, but when I do it's usually when I'm not logged in since I don't really feel a need to post any more and I don't tick the "stay logged in button." I have to say though that using TWF as someone who isn't logged in is a horrible experience. The amount of advertisements all over the place makes threads almost unreadable; you get one tagged onto the bottom of each post, a popup in the bottom right corner of the screen and random words in posts turned into popups when you hover over them.

I fully understand the need for advertising revenue but you would attract so many more users by toning down the advertisements. To be honest it makes the website look amateur and possibly even risky to navigate; anyone who's seen fake "download now!" adverts on software download sites can attest to feeling that. Its not like the advertisements are even business related, the last popup I got was for some naff phone game. I imagine it would also slow browsing down for people with slower computers; fortunately I'm a computer nerd and don't have this issue.

I don't have any ulterior motives, I don't really have a vested interest in this website any more, so take or leave my advice however you see fit. But if I was someone considering using this website for serious business or advice, I would be extremely turned off by the intrusiveness of the ads, especially since it isn't immediately clear that they go away once you register.

Hope you're all doing well, good luck to you all.
    Alex
  2. steveshaw

steveshaw

Couldn't agree more.
  3. CMS Medical

CMS Medical

Agree 100%. Straight away turned to Ad Block, so much better
  4. Erik

Erik

Hey there Alex,

Thanks for the feedback. I've never been able to see TWF as a guest for quite a while now, so give me some time to check that and have a good visual reference on what you mean. Of course, I'll have this raised to @Helen and the team and see what we could do to it.