1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Viorel Toma - [email protected]

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by Jed, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jed

Jed

It regrets me to say this that I have been scammed for the second time this year which I'm not at all proud of but feel the forum users and anyone searching for this person on the internet should know.
    Viorel Toma based in the city of Bacau Romainia currently using the email address of [email protected] is a scammer and should be avoided.
    He sells various gaming codes and time cards such as xbox live etc however surprise surprise when you send him the money, the goods dont turn up and he cuts all contact.

I've lost £800 to this individual and hope this post will stop others falling into the same trap!
  2. Michael

Michael

Do they have a website... Wondering where you found them or did they make contact through other channels?
  3. ResellerLad

ResellerLad

As above, how did you find them?
  4. Jed

Jed

They made contact via email several months ago which should of sent alarm bells ringing but they kept on talking to me for several months by which time I guess I kind of forgot. An expensive lesson but one to learn from!
  5. ResellerLad

ResellerLad

how did you make payment
  6. Jed

Jed

Moneygram, so I only have myself to blame for it! :(
  7. ResellerLad

ResellerLad

Everything points towards a scam. I'm suprised you fell for this, I really am. Lesson learned though..
  8. Jed

Jed

Without making excuses for myself, I've narrowed down a few reasons as to why I think I fell for this and will remember them for the future.
    1. The seller had effectively lured me into a false sense of security by talking to me for several months about general things as you do with a mate.
    2. My current supplier wasnt able to sell me anything and I was desperate for stock so acted before doing all the checks I should of.
    3. He got some of his mates to recommend him as a genuine seller which I only know now are obviously in on the scam.

Anyway it's a lesson learnt and I will now make sure I use those 3 points for future checks.
  9. Michael

Michael

Ouch...

Contact via email
    Hotmail email account only with no website
    Moneygram for payment
    Only recommendations were from people you didn't know or could check out

Shocked you fell for this to be honest even after talking to them for months, well it's good of you to admit it and warn others.
  10. Gary

Gary

+1 on this really, still a lesson learned, just unfortunately some are harsh!
  11. Jed

Jed

Feels like salt in a wound :p
  12. liamhawes

liamhawes

That's a shame, but the email address alone would have had me suspecting it.
  13. mabid91

mabid91

Sorry to hear that jedi777.

I added him on skype and he sends out price list sometimes.
    I was thinking of ordering but had a huge doubt.

Now I know hes a fake.
    Hope your able to make your money back.
  14. anthonyCDKEY

anthonyCDKEY

Can confirm this supplier is a scammer, I wish I seen this thread before hand, I sent him $775 via Western Union and he deleted me off skype the scumbag.

I will be contacting my bank to get a chargeback as I used a Credit Card

SCAMMER BEWARE!
  15. mabid91

mabid91

Yes he is a scammer, i was very suspicious of him from the start, because he didnt have website and he used hotmail/yahoo adress and was asking to be paid by western union.

No proof he had stock, plus ever since i added him on skype, about 4 people from different countries started ading me on skype, asking me if i sell cd keys and xbox subscriptions.

When i sent him the link for this thread, he immediatly deleted me from skype, if he was genuine he would have at least try to defend himself.

Luckly i didnt spend money, hes 100% scam, stay away and spend your money on legit suppliers
  16. CDKEY SALE

CDKEY SALE

Unfortunatly 2 or 3 month ago i tried to make a deal with this "human" i he can be called a "human" , payd him by moneygram and lost 5000 euro :( , i've done some research and found out that he is a russian dnt really know how he does get the money but i think he uses fake identification, the thing i dont understand is that he got my payment in russia, but i sent the money to germany, people from western union state that you cant get money from other country only from the country that was send for but obviously that is not true at all!
  17. Scorchio

Scorchio Banned Member

Sorry to hear that you guys got conned.

These con men are very good at what they do and are expert at creating a false sense of security. I know it's no consolation but you weren't the first and you won't be the last. It's getting to the stage where being vigilant isn't enough; You have to be paranoid.
  18. Keys 4 Games

Keys 4 Games

Tried to scam me to, told me to send money to denmark, name: igor green,but i was smarter. he first he told me he needs 1 hour to deliver, that is verry odd because you dont need more than 5 or 10 mins to check a western union transaction and deliver some digital keys ! so i told him look if you want the only way we can do this is like this, i send you the money, you check and deliver in 10 mins, if not then i know that you are fake.
    I guess he didnt know that to cancel a money transfer made by western union is verry simple, i was speaking to him from my tablet and i was right in the western union store, after 8 mins i asked the lady to cancel my transaction,i knew he is fake, i wish i could see his face when he went to the western union store and saw that the transaction is not there anymore.

WESTERN UNION CAN BE SAFE TO FOR DIGITAL PURCHASE, BUT YOU NEED SOME RESEARCH AND FIRST OF ALL YOU NEED TO THINK IT FIRST !!!

Hope my method helps you all and you guys wont be scammed again in the future!
    MobilesOne Shop likes this.
  19. Desmond Davis

Desmond Davis

Hello I'm dealing with a guy in Romania named Viorel Toma he says that he's not the same guy in your forum he's shown me dated proof of stock before I was wondering did they ever catch your guy?
  20. Jed

Jed

Unfortunately this incident was over 5 years ago and I can't remember at all.

If you have any suspicions of any supplier I would advise staying away as a general rule of thumb.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.