1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Waiting for supplier deliveries

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by zar786, Apr 1, 2016.

1. zar786

zar786

I have a problem with supplier deliveries. I'm a sole trader selling on ebay and the problem is i have to go to the post office to post items on a daily basis and when i order new stock it can arrive anytime between 8am and 5pm and is usually late which means i am always running the risk of missing the delivery when i go to post items and means i have to stay in the whole day.

Asides from using a different supplier which wouldn't necessarily solve the problem if they used a similar delivery company i'm not sure what the solution is other then having it delivered to another address, but then i have the extra time and money to go and collect it.

Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. beacon hill

beacon hill

I drop my small parcels off at the post office early in the morning.
    The post master then sees to all the pricing , labelling , customs forms etc
    for me. Then I pay up when I see him next.

Not all post masters will offer this kind of personal service, but many
    will do if you ask nicely

This leaves me the rest of the day to get on with the business
  3. zar786

zar786

Thanks for your reply, the only issue i have is that for purchases made before 2pm i deliver the same day which means i have to go to the post office between 2-5pm sometimes it's not an issue if the supplier delivery comes early but often they are late.
  4. Dean

Dean

How many items a day are you sending and do you know roughly what your annual spend with Royal Mail is?
  5. plusmarketing

plusmarketing

Some delivery companies give you a 1 hour delivery window. Maybe speak to your supplier to see if they are able to send them via a courier who offers this service.

Alternatively, you could use someone like Mail Boxes Etc or a self storage company to receive your deliveries. Choose a company which is closest to you so that you don't spend too much time going forwards and backwards.

Big Yellow Self Storage company text you once the delivery has arrived so you can collect it at your convenience.