1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Warning: Mega Trade Star Co., Ltd

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by Keith Elcomb, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Keith Elcomb

Keith Elcomb

Members should be extremely careful if they receive any trade communication from this company: -

Mega Trade Star Co., Ltd.
    Mega Trade Star Via Vittorio Veneto,
    63 - 36035 Marano Vicentino (Vicenza) Italia

They use an ingenious method to try and obtain your master password details by asking you to use their encryption site to download an order for product.

If you have accidentally given any such information, immediately change your passwords.
  2. Gary

Gary

Re: Warning

Could be useful to say which method they use as once known they may try similar under a different name and / or there may be others trying a similar scam.

Thanks for the warning though it will hopefully help some people here
    CaroleM likes this.
  3. Keith Elcomb

Keith Elcomb

Re: Warning

This company gives some nice potted history about themselves - to give confidence. They say that they require a pro-forma invoice against their official order which can only be downloaded from a "secure site" Apparently, the file is too big to email !!!! Xls files are small as we all know, so start to be suspicious.
    Clicking on their link will take you to a very professional looking encryption site. Up pops a window, asking you to entre your prime email address and password. Wait a minute - what password? They did not give one. The uninitiated and unwary at this stage might then try to use their primary password (most of us have one) Bingo, this then goes off to the bad guys, who within seconds, will try to access your PayPal account and similar. Easy then to get your money.
    How do I know? A customer of mine has just lost over £2400 to these people. A smart guy usually, he inadvertently typed in his password, before realising that he had made a bad mistake. He got round to changing his PayPal password three hours later. That was when he found his money missing. These people incidentally are not in Italy!
    cozza40 and CaroleM like this.
  4. cnsimliu

cnsimliu Banned Member

I got so many such email from the guy with UK telephone number. but such trick can be easily detected.
  5. Linmer

Linmer

Yes, I also received some emails from this company too. Here it is:
    ----
    Dear Sir/Madam,

We are interested in purchasing your products and we sincerely hope to establish a long-term business relation with your esteemed company.

Please kindly send me your latest catalog. Also,inform me about the Minimum Order Quantity, Delivery time or FOB, and payment terms warranty.

Please contact us via: ***********************

Your early reply is highly appreciated.
    Thank You !

Best Regards,
    Ms.Mary Ceazer
    (Purchasing Manager)
    ----
    Thanks you all for posting this warning!
  6. Bikram

Bikram

Today we received the below same email:

Inquiry to Purchase

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are interested in purchasing your products and we sincerely hope to establish a long-term business relation with your esteemed company.

Please kindly send me your latest catalog. Also,inform me about the Minimum Order Quantity, Delivery time or FOB, and payment terms warranty.

Please contact us via: -

Thank You !

Best Regards,
    Ms. Glory J. Roy
    (Purchasing Manager)

Contact Person : Glory J. Roy
    Company Name : Mega Trade Star Co., Ltd.
    Address : 14, Jln.Kesidang 3/6,80, Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan,
    City : Kuala Lumpur
    Phone : 60-102-149434
    Email Address : *****************************
  7. CaroleM

CaroleM

Me too today....
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    Please kindly send me your latest catalog. Also, inform me about the Minimum Order Quantity, Delivery time or FOB, and payment terms warranty.
    Please contact us via: **********************************
    Thank You!
    Best Regards,
    Tel: +60102149434
    Email: **********************************
    cozza40 likes this.
  8. ANTONIO OSORIO

ANTONIO OSORIO

Hello,

Yes its true.

I just receive an e-mail from them. Just take a look:

megatradestarpurchasedpt​
    Received Jan 30 at 10:21am

Dear Sir/Madam,
    Please kindly send me your latest catalog. Also, inform me about the Minimum Order Quantity, Delivery time or FOB, and payment terms warranty.
    Please contact us via: **********************************
    Thank You!
    Best Regards,
    Tel: +60102149434
    Email: **********************************
  9. frankvd64

frankvd64

We received exactly the same email. They seem to have an adress in Italy. The swiss Ministry of Justice has a special Investigation office for IT Fraud and swindle. They 'll be quite interested
  10. Keith Elcomb

Keith Elcomb

Can I also give a warning about an individual going under the name of "Eunice Johnson" from the Cameroon's. We traced his IP address to Greece. Very active on many Chinese B2B sites, claiming to buy and supply many products.
  11. CHOCOLAZI-Vincent

CHOCOLAZI-Vincent

WOW.I also receive 1 letter from this company.Folllwing is the details,

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for the response to our inquiry. The Firm [Mega Trade Star Co., LTD.] was founded in 1944 by two brothers. Mega Trade Star, developed successfully in few years and became a leading trading company in the world in kinds of products. And based in 14, Jln.Kesidang 3/6,80, Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia.

We are into buying lots of Products around the world and we distribute the goods to our various clients and companies in request of the products. We stand as a major buying office.

There’re companies and costumers that want us to supply them with the products your Company have in a large quantity. Please give us your best price as listed in the excel attached PO you will find the product & quantity we need. Kindly confirm our PO and send us your PI urgently.

Please contact us via: ********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
  12. Robin Liu

Robin Liu

Yes,I have received a e-mail like this,
    Dear Sir/Madam,

Please contact us via: **************************************

Thank You !
    Best Regards,
    Jessica Michael
    (Purchasing Manager)
    Mega Trade Star Trading Co., Ltd.
  13. Dekui

Dekui

Oh, dear all, I also got one, it is below,
    Inquiry to Purchase Dear Sir/Madam, We are interested in purchasing your products and we sincerely hope to establish a long-term business relation with your esteemed company. Please kindly send me your latest catalog. Also,inform me about the Minimum Order Quantity, Delivery time or FOB, and payment terms warranty. Please contact us via: ***************************** Your early reply is highly appreciated. Thank You ! Best Regards, Ms. Glory J. Roy (Purchasing Manager)
    Glory J. Roy
    About:
    Purchasing Manager
    Company: Mega Trade Star Co. Ltd.

What funny is this email is sent from a free B2B platform automatically, not from the cheater directly.
  14. bashan

bashan

a inquiry got like this ,

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank You !
    Best Regards,
    Jessica Michael
    (Purchasing Manager)

***********************************************************************************************
    Mr. Jessica Michael
    Company: Mega Trade Star Trading Co., Ltd.
    Country/Region: Malaysia
    Address:
    Verified Email: **************************************
    TEL: 60-102-149434
    FAX:
  15. Best Deal Business

Best Deal Business Banned Member

you have to be stupid to log on to paypal from another fake website
  16. SILVER STARS - CHINA

SILVER STARS - CHINA

Hi Buddy, Me too received 4 email from this company. aware of this company !! becareful... Change your password often.

Take Care

Mark
    SILVER STARS
    CHINA

17. Velcroer

Velcroer

OMG .the same for me!
  18. Ayan

Ayan

i received this yesterday.
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    Thank You !
    Best Regards,
    Jessica Michael
    (Purchasing Manager)
    Sender Details
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    NAME :Mr Jessica Michael
    COMPANY :Mega Trade Star Trading Co., Ltd.
    PHONE :60-102-149434
    MOBILE :+60102149434
    CITY :Kuala Kedah
    STATE :Kedah
    IP/Country : 41.82.75.89/Senegal
  19. Chuchanren

Chuchanren

Holy cow, it is easy to find it is a **** e-mail,**** off them
  20. Chuchanren

Chuchanren

Warning :These bad guys usually use the tricks to cheat account information ,So let us expose their little tricks ,