1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Warning: Mega Trade Star Co., Ltd

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by Keith Elcomb, Dec 5, 2011.

1. runriot

runriot

Thanks for sharing!
    Such information should be spread, always!
    Mehul Patel likes this.
  2. Jessica Nguyen

Jessica Nguyen

Hello everyone,

Good day to you!

Today, June 13th 2013, I've received the mail from Agro Mage Trade Co., Ltd as follows:

"Dear Sir/Madam,
    We are interested in purchasing your products and we sincerely hope to establish a long-term business relation with your esteemed company.
    Please kindly send me your latest catalog. Also, inform me about the Minimum Order Quantity, Delivery time or FOB, and payment terms warranty.
    Please contact us via: **********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************"
    vesselino and Mehul Patel like this.
  3. Jessica Nguyen

Jessica Nguyen

FYI

I think Agro Mage Trade Co., Ltd. is similar the following case posted by Keith Elcomb, Dec 5, 2011:

"Members should be extremely careful if they receive any trade communication from this company: -

Mega Trade Star Co., Ltd.
    Mega Trade Star Via Vittorio Veneto,
    63 - 36035 Marano Vicentino (Vicenza) Italia

They use an ingenious method to try and obtain your master password details by asking you to use their encryption site to download an order for product.

If you have accidentally given any such information, immediately change your passwords."
    Mehul Patel likes this.
  4. Marinal

Marinal

whoaaa,, thanks for the warning.

I got the same email, it is an Inquiry message i got from tradekorea.com :

INQUIRY
    Date :Sat Jun 29 01:41:46 KST 2013
    Item :MILKFISH / Chanos Chanos

Dear Sir/Madam,
    We are interested in purchasing your products and we sincerely hope to establish a long-term business relation with your esteemed company.
    Please kindly send me your latest catalog. Also, inform me about the Minimum Order Quantity, Delivery time or FOB, and payment terms warranty.
    Please contact us via: *******************************
    Your early reply is highly appreciated.
    Thank You! Best Regards,
    Tel: +60102149434
    Add:14,Jln.Kesidang 3/6,80,Jalan Raja Chulan,
    City:Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
    Email: *******************************

Sender Company Information

Name :weng zhou
    Company : Agro Mage Trade Co., Ltd.
    Address : 14, Jln.Kesidang 3/6,80, Jalan Raja Chulan,
    Tel :60 102 149 434

===================

I also receive from :
    Mega Trade Star Co., Ltd.
    Mega Trade Star Via Vittorio Veneto,
    63 - 36035 Marano Vicentino (Vicenza) Italia

I got it on June, 2012 through Wdtrade.com
    Mehul Patel likes this.
  5. Elisaveta Georgieva

Elisaveta Georgieva

An e-mail received 25 minutes ago at our company's mailbox:

Inquiry of Agro Megatrade Co. Ltd.

Dear ElMira

A member of IMEXBB.com has sent you a message:

Date: 7/30/2013 - 18:41:12 GMT
    Sender: Mrs. Micheal Yhang
    Company: Agro Megatrade Co. Ltd.

Subject: General Inquiry

We are interested in purchasing your products and we sincerely hope to establish a long-term business relation with your esteemed company. Please kindly send me your latest catalog. Also, inform me about the Minimum Order Quantity, Delivery time or FOB, and payment terms warranty.Please contact us back
    Thank You!
    Best Regards,
    ______________________________ __
    Mrs. Micheal Yhang
    (Purchasing Manager)
    Agro Megatrade Co. Ltd

[FONT=arial] [/FONT] [FONT=arial]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=13px][FONT=arial] [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial][B]Sender's Contact Information:[/B][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial] [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial]Agro Megatrade Co. Ltd.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial]14,Jln.Kesidang 3/6,80, Jalan Raja Chulan,50200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial]Wilayah Persekutuan 10001[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial]Malaysia[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial] [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial]Phone: +60102149434[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial]Fax:[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial]Email: [blockedemail]*****************************************************[/blockedemail][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial] [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial]Contact Person: Mrs. Micheal Yhang[/FONT] [COLOR=#888888][FONT=arial]IP Address: 41.82.143.***[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [FONT=arial] [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

It is very likely to get all scammed in the b2b marketplaces. I am hesitating to upgrade profiles to golden or silver membership, but I wonder if it's worth. I registered in 20 sites like this one above, and all in all none of the inquiries I receive is real.
    Or ...is it?
    Mehul Patel likes this.
  6. Mehul Patel

Mehul Patel

I also received the same message for my product. Please guys check the authentication of the buyer before entering anything on web or log in with your original email id and password. This world is full of conman's working round the clock to con someone.

The message came from one of B2B websites inbox. The message read as follows:

From andrew *******************************************************
    Company Name Agro Megatrades Co., Ltd.
    City kuala lumpur
    Email ************************
    Phone +60102149434
    Mobile
    Submission Aug 21, 2013. 09:47 from IP Address 41.206.11.19
    Last Reply
    Mail Against Lead PAPAD

Subject: Ref: PAPAD

Dear sir/madam;

We are interested in purchasing your products and we sincerely hope to establish a
    long-term business relation with your esteemed company.Please kindly send me your
    latest catalog.Also inform me about the Minimum order Quantity,Delivery time or FOB,
    and payment terms warranty.Please contact us via;************************
    Thank you!
    Best Regards,

Mr Andrew Wong
    (Purchasing Manager)
    Mega Trade Star Co.Ltd
    Tel:+60102149434
    Email:************************
  7. Jürgen Hausmann

Jürgen Hausmann

I received a similar mail with same approach from another company called "Starmega Trading":

Dear Supplier,

We are interested in purchasing your products and we sincerely hope to Establish a long-term business relation with your esteemed company, Please kindly send us your latest catalog, Also inform us about the Minimum Order Quantity, Delivery time or FOB, and payment terms warranty.

Thank You!

Best Regards,
    Rachael Adams.
    Purchasing Manager
    Starmega Trading

=================

Address: #1529 Connecticut Ave NW suburb Washington, District Of Columbia, Zip Code: 20036, P.O. Box 795
    Phone: (573) 815-1709
    F ax: (573) 815-1702
    E-mail: *************************
  8. Firdaus92

Firdaus92

I received a similar email too.

I'm a Malaysian and I'm sure that the name, Naomi Lee is not a common name for a Malaysian. Plus the address Jalan Kesidang, is not in Kuala Lumpur. It's in Malacca. And the company name is not legit. Malaysian businesses must have Co. Ltd. in Bahasa Melayu (Malay language). It should be Sdn. Bhd. instead of Co. Ltd.

*sorry, my English is BAD!
  9. leenguyen

leenguyen

BE WARNING: I HAVE JUST GOT THE EMAIL AS FOLLOWED INFORMATION:

mega trade star trading co., ltd.-Malaysia is interested in trading of CaCO3, White, Black, Color, HIPS, Talc and has sent you the following message;

Message : Dear Sir/Madam, We are interested in purchasing your products and we sincerely hope to establish a long-term business relation with your esteemed company. Please kindly send me your latest catalog. Also, inform me about the Minimum Order Quantity, Delivery time or FOB, and payment terms warranty. Please contact us via: ************************************ Your early reply is highly appreciated. Thank You ! Best Regards, Jessica Michael (Purchasing Manager) Mega Trade Star Trading Co., Ltd.

Company Name : mega trade star trading co., ltd.
    Contact Person Name : Jessica Michael
    Business Email : ************************************
    Phone Number : +60-102-1494
    Fax Number : 0060-102-1494
    Address : 14, Jln.Kesidang 3/6,80, Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia

Please contact at the above Business email address (************************************) for further trade enquiry.

Note - This email is directly from mega trade star trading co., ltd.-Malaysia. Import Export Platform is not responsible for any misguidance or violation of Terms of Use by the Sender. Importer / exporter / traders will be responsible for any kind of deal, trade between them.
  10. Tanno

Tanno

Today 17.02.2013 i also received same mail as many of us received, letter below. I wrote them back, asking what they need and now they sent this mail.
    They needed to sign in with my e-mail address and password.
    But I certainly never use my authentic e-mail password of such case. Also got more confirmation from this forum, that this is a scam to get our password.

Thanks for the response to our message. The Firm Costruzioni Meccaniche Agro Trade was founded in 2000 by two brothers,Giuseppe and Claudio Agro Trade. It developed successfully in few years and became a leading company in the world of machines and plants etc for bread production. And based in 14, Jln.Kesidang 3/6,80, Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia. We are into buying lots of Products, Machines and Equipments etc around the world and we distribute the goods to our various clients and companies in request of the products. We stand as a major buying
    office.
    There's a company that wants us to supply them with the products your Company have, please find below link for our Purchase Order to see the products and quantities the company needs and quote your best selling price by issuing us Proforma Invoice accordingly.

Click to view our order list

Thank You!
    Kindest Regards,
    Mr. Chen Zhou (Purchasing Manager)
    Agro Mega Trading Co., Ltd.
    14, Jln.Kesidang 3/6,80, Jalan Raja Chulan,
    50200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
    Email: *******************
  11. gstyle17007

gstyle17007

How do you guys minimise risk when purchasing from China?
  12. jamhun

jamhun

13. CkW

CkW

Name: Khasib Sarfaraz
    Company: Sarfaraz Consultant
    City: Kuala lumpur
    Email: ***********************
    Telephone: 601114290133
    Question or message: Dear sir/madam, REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL My name is Khasib Sarfaraz, Am a certified procurement Agent for the Government of Malaysia. I received your contact through a recommendation, your products are of great quality and are highly demanded by the Government of Malaysia. Please let me know if your company will be interested to participate in the tender bidding process for a major supply of your product. More information will be provided on demand looking forward to your reply. Thanks. Yours Sincerely, KHASIB SARFARAZ. Sarfaraz Consultants. 14, Jln. kesidang 3/6, 80, Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah persekutuan, Malaysia. TEL: +601114290133, SKYPE: khasib.sarfaraz1.

RARELY seen a malaysian company that deals with the government in such a scale using a free aol mail :p
  14. SE Trading Engineering

SE Trading Engineering

Dear all,
    Another version of this email to Vietnam:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

We are interested in purchasing your products and we sincerely hope to establish a long-term business relation with your esteemed company. Please kindly send me your latest catalog. Also, inform me about the Minimum Order Quantity, Delivery time or FOB, and payment terms warranty.Please contact us back Your early reply is highly appreciated.

Thank You!

Best Regards,

Mrs. Micheal Yhang

(Purchasing Manager)

Agro Megatrade Co. Ltd.

*************************"

So tired of a number of hooligans incited workers to destroy company property, destroy Vietnam economy and our imagination from international friends. Now we get a lot kind of this email, so so....
  15. parvesh

parvesh

I also got a mail from them asking for my email id & password

Mrs Juliana Chan

5:kiss:2 AM (7 hours ago)
    to me
    Thank you for your response to our message inquiry.Mage Trade Star Co., Ltd. are into buying and importing of different products across the globe, we buy and distribute all kinds of products to companies in quest.There are some of your products that some company needs us to supply and we want to purchase them from your company Kindly click on the below webpage to view the items in the catalogs . Login with your company's valid e-mail to see the products and quantities the company needs and quote your best selling prices and please get to us asap.http://magetradestarco.twomini.com/product.htmlThank you, I hope we would establish a long term relationship.We hope to hear from you soon.Thank You!-------------------------------------------------------------Mrs Juliana Chan(Purchasing Manager)Mage Trade Star Co., LtdAddress : 14, Jln.Kesidang 3/6,80, Jalan Raja Chulan,Tel: *************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************+60102149434skype id: juliana.chan18Email: *************************
  16. jamhun

jamhun

Practically every trader (and even non traders) get these on a regular basis.
    It is not really worthy of a post on these forums as most (If not all) of the forum memebers have had them at some time or other.

James
  17. Ben de Leon

Ben de Leon

BEWARE !!! They're now trading under a different (not too different) name:

Dear Sir/Madam,
    We are interested in purchasing your products and we sincerely hope to
    establish a long-term business relation with your esteemed company.
    Please kindly send me your latest catalog. Also, inform me about the Minimum
    Order Quantity, Delivery time or FOB, and payment terms warranty.Please
    contact us via: *********************************
    Thank You!
    Best Regards,
    Email: *********************************

The dead giveaway is their email address (why a Hotmail address) and the lack of an official website.
    MobilesOne Shop likes this.
  18. Iris Pan

Iris Pan

cheating is just still going on ...
  19. Rani

Rani

Oh my god !
    I too got this message today morning :(

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are interested in purchasing your products and we sincerely hope to establish a long-term business relation with your esteemed company. Please kindly send me your latest catalog. Also, inform me about the Minimum Order Quantity, Delivery time or FOB, and
    payment terms warranty.Please contact us via:
    ( *********************** ) Your early reply is highly appreciated.
    Thank You!
    Best Regards,

(Purchasing Manager)
    Agro Mage Trade Star Co., Ltd.
    Email: ***********************
    websites: *********************
  20. Rani

Rani