1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Warning: Stay away from Light in the Box

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by kyalababy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. kyalababy

kyalababy

This is just a message warning people to stay away from Lightinthebox.com!!!

To anyone thinking of ordering anything from LIGHTINTHEBOX.COM ....DON'T!!
    They are absolute liars, cheats and just out to make money in any means. I thought there site looked very proffesional, liked the fact that they offer refunds and 1-year guarantees on their products so decided to use their 'dropshipping service'. I sold 4 of their SONY PSP SLIMS on ebay (which light in the box advertised as 'psp slim, 4gb memory card with 300 small games on and 30 extra full games). Well the dispatch process was fairly quick but as soon as my customers received their goods they all emailed me saying there were no games with the psp. So I have spent about 3 weeks emailing this stupid chinese company asking them to send the games out. About 20 of my emails there was no reply and one email came back saying they will send out the games within 3 days.. that was a week ago and I have tried contacting them again to see if they have sent the games but yet again NO REPLY. They are total liars and because of me being so foolish to use there 'droppshipping service' I have now lost my Paypal account and my Ebay account because my customers reported me of selling goods different from that described. I feel very sorry for my customers but there is nothing I can do, cannot even offer them a refund as Light in the box have there money and I was only making around £12 profit. AVOID THEM!:mad:
  2. jayjrc

jayjrc

paragraphs would have been nice, im sorry that they shut your ebay account, you can reopen one though so there is hope, there was a thread like this a while ago.
    Also have you sought other avenues to make your money not including ebay? now may be your chance this could be the push you need
  3. Costaconsoles

Costaconsoles

With all due respect mate did you really expect to get 30 full games, even if you did were you expecting the real deal?

Lightinthebox is ok, I have used them a few times now although for accessories, addons etc never for consoles. When I did look at their PSP's in the past they were advertising it with 25 top selling games, games that retail for €15+ so absolutely no chance of them being legit.
    One of the main problems with dropshipping as well, you have no idea whats being sent out.

Sorry it all went tits up on you though

Dave
  4. Gamejelly

Gamejelly Banned Member

Lightinthebox sell counterfeit products. The games included with the Wiis and PSPs etc are all copies.
  5. ADC

ADC

Dropshipping is against ebays rules anyway
  6. canada

canada Retired Moderator

Moving thread to "Bad Supplier Experiences".

Scott
  7. bondandco

bondandco

Thanks for sharing hopefully others will learn from this.
  8. Andy777

Andy777

Haven't bought electronics from them, just accessories - not recently though. My experience with them was quite good, but obviously things have turned up @ their end, maybe a new owner or simply they have become too big...
  9. Gamejelly

Gamejelly Banned Member

They seemed ok for small accessories - it's when it comes to brand name consoles that they can't resist those high profits by selling pirated software.
  10. planes

planes

I think your Ok as long as you state the correct ship from location and as well in
    the text of your lisitng.

I know of several ebayers who do this with great success.
  11. Alexus

Alexus

My experience with Lightinthebox is kind of dissapointing...I ordered three PDAs, and I actually received three boxes but just two phones, one of the boxes only contained the accesories. Evenmore, when I checked one of the PDAs I found out that the camera and the touchscreen did not work properly. I tried to solve my problem via their ''Customer Service'' (funny way to call it) and never received a reply, they always ask you to be patient and wait for a reply that never seems to come. So from my experience I would recommend you not to buy from this guys, they just care about the money and once they get it they will not solve any trouble they may caused you. As an eBay seller I encourage to sell quality products.
  12. bondandco

bondandco

Thanks for sharing your experience.
  13. Smallvillex

Smallvillex

Sorry to hear that you've all had problems with them...as John said...it's a good thing that you've shared your story with everyone!!
  14. dest81

dest81 Banned Member

Get ur ass round my pad John, we need to play some Marion olympics my friend ;)
  15. dest81

dest81 Banned Member

16. JoeFloggsFashion

JoeFloggsFashion

Sounds cosy??:D:D
  17. dest81

dest81 Banned Member

I'm even gonna buy him a take away, hows that ;)
  18. Alan111

Alan111

Hey all.
    I worked on lightinthebox for a month or so maybe,
    I was translating things over and proof checking to make sure it made sense.
    They seems a legit site for most of the small accesories, but anything big i WOULD say to anyone to avoide them.
    Nearly all of there consoles are counterfit.
    Alan
  19. bondandco

bondandco

Just to confirm me and Danny are married to women and live happy lives.

:D

20. Alexus

Alexus

With 'small things', what do you mean? iphone cases or anything that doesn't content electronic stuff?Man I wouldn't recommend buying there anyway...