1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Warning: Stay away from Light in the Box

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by kyalababy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. dest81

dest81 Banned Member

This is very true, I will also say, we are NOT homophobic ;)
  2. will201

will201

I thought that company werea bit funny have a look at downtownkey.com
    also i found a website called agoodic.com selling some cheap mp4 especially the onda vx858 oem version has anyone had any previous experience?
  3. leon08

leon08

i have buy any products without problems before but prices to high
  4. pateldh

pateldh

I agree mate. They are shithouse. Bought an item from them, turned out faulty. Took ages for them to reply the return procedure. Sent the item back. They acknowledged that it was indeed faulty. They said they would refund the money into my paypal. Havent seen that happen yet. Item purchased Dec 2008. Shipped Jan 2008. Returned Jan 2008. Still fighting for the refund. Have over 30 emails to them to prove that.
    Beware of this company. Will be posting this on the other forums so people dont get zapped by them.
  5. Gamejelly

Gamejelly Banned Member

Can't you just put in a complaint with PayPal?
  6. pateldh

pateldh

I have done that. Lets see what happens. Would really like to win the case against them as they have done the worng thing.
  7. Gamejelly

Gamejelly Banned Member

It surprises me how a company like LightInTheBox can still have an active PayPal account, despite selling counterfeit products etc.
  8. pateldh

pateldh

Yeah mate,
    Dont know how they get away with this. Hopefully PayPal can take some action. Dont even want to see the money returned. Its a matter of principle really. If you are going to say "refund will be made" it should be made. Not a generic email about "refund will be made" 30 different times and no action. Would love to see them crash and burn.
  9. pateldh

pateldh

Hey GameJelly. I am in the gaming business myself. I see you dropship/wholesale items. Do any software (360, ps3) aswell and what are your prices like. Would like to buy from you if you ship to Aus.
  10. Gamejelly

Gamejelly Banned Member

Check your email :)
  11. richardking

richardking

Do not order anything from this company. I ordered 3 NFL jerseys from them earlier this year and product was not as described. The jerseys were horrible, the sleeves were uneven, the NFL logo was crooked and the material used was nothing like any jersey I have seen before. I tried posting a review on their website, but It did not go through. They filter out bad reviews in order to make their site look legit. If you are thinking about purchasing any product from "light in the box" I would strongly recommend you did'nt.
  12. zselyigy

zselyigy

Please DON'T buy anything in the ********************* webshop!

This is my story:

We bought two MP3 players from them (one black, one red, but anyway exactly the same type). They sent us two, technically slightly different devices. In one box there was some manual for an MP4 player (!), in the second box for an MP3 player, but it did not suit exactly for neither player.

The description in the webshop promised MP3 players with FM feature. But there was no FM feature in either player. They should have to record voice, but none of them recorded anything beside static sounds.

I wrote them that these are the problems what to do. First they answered that there is FM feature, read the manual, thank you for shopping.
    Of course, I read the manual before I asked them and found that there is no FM feature. I took some photos, sent them to proof what I wrote them. After this the ignored my e-mails.

This is the ling for the discussion on the web page of the webshop:

:mad::mad::mad:

I will never order anything from them.

Best
    Istvan
  13. Pete

Pete

Much of what they sell is refurbished units, which often have little or no documentation. They do not tell you they are refurbs, but that is what they are.
  14. Gamejelly

Gamejelly Banned Member

And a majority of their stuff is counterfeit too.
  15. Pete

Pete

Counterfeit fakes! Counterfeit knock-offs. The Chinese not only copy the international brands, they copy the copies.

What can you say?
  16. Gamejelly

Gamejelly Banned Member

lol I mean they are selling illegal copies of games bundled with their consoles to enable a higher profit.
  17. Pete

Pete

But they do sell fakes of the Chinese phones.

A fake of a knockoff. Or, as I should say it a fake of an unbranded product.
  18. nina2

nina2

Light in the box vende des contre-façons
    , j'ai acheté un portable nokia 8800 sirocco, et je l'ai envoyé pour réparation chez nokia car au bout de 3 mois problème, Nokia me l'a gardé car c'est un faux ! une belle copie mais 100 % chinoises, n'acheter pas chez eux, ils ne m'ont jamais remboursé ! en plus quand j'ai commandé j'ai dû payer les frais de douane et ça ilS ne le disent pas, j'ai dû payer 75 € pour récupérer le colis !

NE COMMANDEZ PAS CHEZ EUX C DES VOLEURS...:hitwall:
  19. Hammer84

Hammer84

I have used light in the box before and I don't trust them. I ordered two jerseys from them, a NFL and a NBA jersey.
    For the NBA jersey, the product description was totally off, they gave me a screen printed jersey instead of a sewn swingman jersey type.
    As for my NFL jersey, the one logo was stitched on a slant, and the size was wrong.

When I proceeded to try and get help from them, because I was testing them because I wanted to dropship, it was the worst communication ever. I got a first reply, then after that nothing, I would use their live help and they were useless. Then I went back to them, and the site no longer had any sports jerseys listed.

I would not recommend them, I think they have horrible customer service. You might get lucky and get a good order, but as for RELIABILITY, I give them a ZERO!

- Hammer
  20. MJR

MJR

come agen?:\