1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

web developer taking long time to complete project

Discussion in 'Legal, Insurance & Issues' started by ZMan123, Nov 3, 2017.

1. ZMan123

ZMan123

Hi I was wondering what legal action would be possible in following.

gave web devloper project 12 months ago paid 40% . turnover is of £1m , based in city centre so professional outfit.

12 months on after exchanging emails discussing of the delay we are towards the completion time.t

today they have extended the draft by a month.

I am loosing patience to the point of considering using another firm and forgetting about the deposit and writing it off...

some help or advice would be useful regarding what legal options I have to try and get the deposit back.
  2. Neway

Neway

I am not sure what you are developing but 12 months for a website seems an absurdly long time. Do you have functionality outside the norm?

I run a biotech company and we just redid our website and it was 4 weeks from start to finish, it is decent job and is as good and functional as other sites that companies I know that have spent many months and lots of cash on. A few forms, and product listing, news feeds, etc, but the longest part was us putting the content together.

There are standard contract terms that they should have had, and they could not argue that the 12 months was not long enough to complete the task.

Have you contacted the Citizens Advice Bureau?
    Cody likes this.
  3. Ecommerce UK

Ecommerce UK

Look at your contract and see if there is a delivery time stated. Get the work done so far independantly reviewed and then get them to laise with the web developers to find the full story. A successful project requires constant communication from the developer and the customer. If either side is slow in responding then its slipped down some ones priority list and its not going to be on time. TBH there is not enough information here. The contract needs to be looked at, and if you are considering this route the developer will stop work pending the outcome of a legal action delaying you further.
    Cody likes this.
  4. blancy

blancy

12 months does sound excessive. Have they shown you where they're at with the project presently and explained what the hold up is / why they need the extra time etc? It sounds like possibly not as you say you're considering writing it off.