1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Website design mockup opinions

Discussion in 'E-Commerce and Online Selling' started by Hugo, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Hugo

Hugo

Thanks guys.

Logo - £53
    Design 120
    Corporate I'd (letterheads, business cards flyers etc) - £95
    Development £1200

Total £1478

Thanks
  2. ResellerLad

ResellerLad

Thats actually really good value! Website looks amazing too. SEO will cost you a bit i'm guessing, but with a website like that I can't see anyone being put off from ordering with you! Have you got all your suppliers etc lined up? And when do you think you will be launched by?
  3. Hugo

Hugo

Thanks reseller lad! Appreciate the coments, yeah it's not too bad considering it's a custom design and all the artwork and design it's also really good quality. As to sea I have also had my keywords done, forgot to include that in the costs. It will cost me around £300 for like the first 4 months. Also will try to submit my site to price comparison and get twitter followers and facebook etc. All my suppliers are lines up vet tons of email from them everyday lol. So yeah I'm very excited although I know I face a tough challenge!! As to luck day I'm aiming for 15th December too much on top of the xmas period tho wish it was a bit earlier. Also waiting for tbs worldpay to get back to me on my merchant account.

Thanks
  4. Blue Swoop

Blue Swoop

Don't forget to add your website to Google Base :welldone:
  5. itpartsdirect

itpartsdirect

Nice stuff HDStation, still following with this, site is looking awesome as well, cant wait to see final produce.
  6. Hugo

Hugo

Thanks Guys, really appreciate all the support and the input form all of you in this thread has been fantastic. Will keep you guys posted etc.
  7. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

It looks absolutely stunning.

Really good job - well done!
  8. Nick-D

Nick-D

Obviously its still in development so will hold off comments til its finished but i did notice you have to go to the footer to get all of the help info, i would suggest you make sure there is at least something like a "Help Centre" link up at the top with the account login etc.
  9. Hugo

Hugo

Thanks Titchamp, will take that into consideration, I normally scroll down on most website to find that sort of info so i thought it was logical to put it there.
  10. Nick-D

Nick-D

Its pretty standard to have at least a "help" link in the top right, take a look around some other sites and you will notice.
  11. Hugo

Hugo

Thanks Titchamp,

I am discussing with developer right now about all these points,

I see what you mean and will try putting it in at the top right,

Think I will replace it with login as it does not need to be there since i have it on the top left hand side column.

hdstation.co.uk
  12. Hugo

Hugo

I would just like to say a massive thank you for everyone who has contributed in this thread, I am now just literally waiting for the dev to add the bulk import mod so i can use a csv to upload my products in bulk rather than 1 by 1. T &c's done, banners be done soon, need to finish writing this FAQ and add that on there, the rest are all minor changed that need to be done.

Once again a massive thank you everyone! Would thank you all individually but there are too much to mention!
  13. Dean

Dean

I just clicked on the link to see your website in progress and its been reported by IE as being unsafe (the address bar has flashed up red) and my ZoneAlarm firewall has quarantined a temporary internet file from the site (Exploit.JS.Agent.beg). Not sure what this is but thought you should know so you can tell your developer.
  14. Hugo

Hugo

Hi lovinit,

Thanks I am aware of the situation and so is the host they are working on it now, 2nd time they have been hacked in the space of a week tut tut no a good look lol!!

Please do not try to go on the site for the moment being, will post back when its all sorted.

Thanks
  15. Blue Swoop

Blue Swoop

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
    The website at hdstation.co.uk contains elements from the site oooabterast0.co.cc, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
    For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for oooabterast0.co.cc.

Not good :eek: :(
  16. Hugo

Hugo

Thanks blue,

See post above its not good at all no!! Think they need to upgrade their servers!
  17. Dave

Dave

Hi HD,

Can you not take the site offline until all the safety issues are sorted ? If a potential customer receives a security warning they may not come back for a second look. :(

Dave.
  18. Blue Swoop

Blue Swoop

Oops, didn't see the above posts. Surely you're thinking of changing server provider if they've been hacked twice in just one week?
  19. Hugo

Hugo

Thanks Guys, I made a full ftp back up earlier today but my host said they might be infected and they said they mite have to test every website on a different server!! Yeap I do still have my hostgator account time to put it to some good use maybe!!

My files are currently on the on devvs host as they have a modified version of cubecart and it is a bit easier for them to code the files on their servers, might put them back on hostgator once all the coding is finished.

Thanks Guys
  20. Blue Swoop

Blue Swoop

Unfortunately, I believe that damage has already been done. First of all, the site has already been listed in some sort of infected site database, due to both IE and Chrome coming up with a warning message. Also, if he were to change nameservers to take the site down, it could take up to 48 hours to fully propagate throughout the internet.