1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Well Paid Jobs That Require No Degree?...

Discussion in 'E-Commerce and Online Selling' started by missdiva, Mar 26, 2007.

1. missdiva

missdiva

Can anyone list jobs which are well paid or an potentially be wel paid?

Where you dont really need A* qualifications/degrees?

The most obvious i can think of has to be a career as Plumbers/Electrician...one guy i recruited is making £1,500 per week..installing cookers!

Thats the sort of money that will make me want to get out of bed in the morning!
  2. Kay

Kay

I worked in some "funny countries" for a while. With Afghans in the late 1980s and then with Kurds in Iraq in the early 1990s. I made enough to retire at 40. There again, my plans changed after getting married - but at least he earned a bit too. Now we don't have an income but manage to get by somehow.

Try working overseas in places where no one else wants to go, war zones are a good bet, for a quick boost to your income. The trouble is that most employers want you to have qualifications and/or experience before they'll give you these jobs. There's probably not an easy shortcut.
  3. paddy_avfc

paddy_avfc

Missdiva,

I may be mistaken but haven't you got a degree? If so why are you looking for jobs that do not require one? Having a degree will put you in a higher position than employees who have been at a company for a few years and you will be on a higher wage. An average age for a graduate (I think) is around £18,000-£21,000 pa. Take the degree away and you're looking at £12,000 - £16,000.

The exceptions to this which you have used as an example are those involving skilled labour. You used the example of the cooker installer, I bet he either left school at 16 and learnt on the job or he went to college to learn his skills which now earn him a lot of money. He didn't just get lucky, he did the ground work and now he is reaping the rewards. You could do what he has done - get on a local college course part-time and learn some kind of skilled labour. But do you want to?

I've noticed that you don't come back and give feedback when you're given advice on the forum, it would help greatly for others to help if you let us know what you think of their suggestions.

Regards,
    Paddy
  4. harrychoochoo

harrychoochoo

Why don't you get a job installing cookers if you can make £1500 a week?
  5. Martin

Martin

I'm currently running an on-line course for would-be Digital TV Installers who want to install satellite dishes, aerials and the equipment to go with them. I estimate the potential earnings are up to £100,000 per year. That would require some stamina, long hours and persistence but it's possible.

However, such work is self-limiting. There are only 24 hours in a day. The possibility that they'll earn, say, £200,000 a year is very remote indeed. To do that, you need to look at buying and selling high-value items with a high profit margin. Again that's self-limiting unless you employ others to do the work. Then you get into the realms of PAYE etc. and have to employ more people to deal with wages, paperwork, tax etc.

If you get an "office job" then your earning potential is very limited indeed. Chances are you won't ever rise much above your starting salary in real terms. Sure, you'll get inflation increases and small bonuses but you won't become a millionaire. And you'll be fighting rivals for the same dead-man's shoes position. Very stressful.

My preference is to sell "virtual" items on-line, such as eBooks, podcasts, ring-tones, mini-movies and lessons. You could add to this music and software if you can create same. If the process is automated, then your earnings can increase indefinitely as you add more items to your portfolio. I also sell physical items on-line by utilising self-employed people to do the work.

And I agree with Paddy about your lack of feedback. You chuck in a question then leave us to deal with it, without ever getting the reward of knowing that you read it and got something useful from it (or otherwise).
  6. andyc

andyc

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    I would agree with this too. Sometimes I get the impression it's all a big wind up with you. You pose these questions, but never bother to enter into a discussion. This makes me think you don't really care what people give you as answers.

On the other hand, your questions could all be serious. If that's the case then I imagine that you and me have certain things in common and you are probably like a lot of other people I know. Graduated a few years ago? No idea what use your degree is? Want to earn a lot of money, but have no idea what job you want to do? Don't really even want a job? Want to be your own boss, but don't actually have any business ideas? I think the term quarter life crisis might be apt.

In answer to your question, any well paid jobs that don't require a degree will require you have some other sort of skill. Any trades you will need to go to college and serve an apprenticeship for probably very low wage. If you are only in it for the money it would be a mistake in my eyes.
  7. Piptrader

Piptrader

The lack of feedback from missdiva doesn't surprise me. I have long believed that she is a figment of Richard's imagination, to be brought out in times of need.

Forum goes quiet: up pops missdiva with a question to get everyone going.

It works every time. [​IMG]
  8. Richard

Richard

Haha, believe me, I have far better things to do than invent forum posts! It suits me when the forum goes quiet because it means there is nothing for me to do [​IMG]
  9. Kay

Kay

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Excellent idea - must try it on our place sometime. [​IMG]
  10. R1H1ES

R1H1ES

Just thought I'd sneak in as usual at dead hour o'clock when everyone is asleep.

Miss Diva, just to add my comments, its not always about money, to me its about enjoying what you do and then monetizing it, you tend to get motivated more if you enjoy what you do. When I used to work in IT recruitment I used to love the job as I already had the skills required to execute my duties, the money came after and I must admit even though my niche was stressful I still enjoyed it and had fun whilst doing it. The money just kept on flowing in. I also spread bet the financial market which I enjoy doing, to me this is a hobby which I take serious, but the main point is I enjoy it.

You may have to sit down one day and ask yourself, what is it that you would enjoy doing and eventually monetize, as there is no point jumping from job to job in search of "wonga" . If you start changing jobs in pursuit of money you are just not going to feel fulfilled. Think about setting up an online venture and watch it grow.

Hows the recruitment job going anyway? And when are you taking us all out for a drink to celebrate ? Please let us know in advance so we can all take time off work. [​IMG]
  11. AndyHenry

AndyHenry

Hi Missdiva,

I think you've made an error in thinking that qualifications mean more money.

I know it's what everyone is told at school, and having qualifications won't often hurt your cause, but they're not really what most people look for.

They can be a filtering mechanism to ensure people with no hope don't bother applying, but they're not usually as relevant as people make out.

In my experience people look for someone who can do the job that they need done.

Whether you've got recent experience of doing the job is usually more important than what qualifications you have.

Afterall, who wants someone with great qualifications that can't do the job? when you could have someone with experience that can do it but doesn't have the qualification.

Every situation is different, but lack of qualification is more important when you've just left school (i.e no experience) than it is later in life.

You don't need a qualification to start your own business and make Millions of pounds.

Andy