1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

We've migrated: bugs/feedback discussion

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Anthony, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Anthony

Anthony

Thanks, Martin. All of those URLs have changed and need updating unfortunately. We managed to redirect most content (you'll notice if you go to an old thread link it will take you to its new URL structure), but member profiles wasn't one we were able to redirect. We'll get that thread updated or perhaps somebody can message the OP.
  2. planner

planner

I've passed on the message Anthony.
    Anthony likes this.
  3. Dan

Dan

How do you post to your profile like a status? o_O
  4. Pete

Pete

I have hesitated to jump back in here, thinking something would have been done without my input.

As most of you are aware, I can get carried away at times and post a long reply.

Here's my complaint. When I get to the bottom of the "box" for the reply and run out of space I would think the thread would feed itself up, exposing more clear space, but it does not. The cursor disappears and I have to actually scroll down and make more room in order to see what I am writing.

Hope you understand how I'm explaining this. It's nothing major, but I've never had to do this with any forum, or word processor, for that matter. The cursor just goes down below the bottom line and you must chase after it.
  5. Volantary

Volantary

How do you mean? When I get to the bottom of the box, the box extends a bit and I carry on typing. Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick...
  6. Pete

Pete

That's about the best I can put it.

Not a big deal, just thought I'd mention it.
  7. Anthony

Anthony

For now that's reserved for advertisers. Reason being, easily abused and hard to Police. I'd like to think everyone could use it responsibility but we all know that isn't the case. I'm still considering a way around it as I do think its a good feature.

Hitting the enter button a few times should give you the required space below?
  8. Andy777

Andy777

A small one and not sure - maybe that's how it should be - but anyway - next to our profile it says Messages following by count of posts.

Shouldn't it say Posts instead of messages? :)
    Anthony likes this.
  9. Anthony

Anthony

Good spot! Thanks.
  10. Pete

Pete

OK, I've been sober a few days now and have managed to zoom in on the comment I made above. It may just be FireFox but this does not happen with other forums, or sites at all that I have noticed.

When I get to the bottom of the SCREEN, and continue writing, the screen does not move or scroll. The text box within the forum does continue to expand, but I must use the louse to move to the scroll bar on the right to see what I am writing. It's there, visible in the box, but the entire forum / box / etc. does not scroll without using the mouse on the right.

This is both here in the general forum and also in the PM area, as well.
  11. cbeebies

cbeebies

I have the problem to log into the forum lately, because:
    Your IP address was banned.

Why?

:(
  12. consultant

consultant

Not sure if these have already been reported (9 pages a lot to trawl through! I am using FF 9.0.1 (on 64b W7), also an issue in 8.x. These do not appear to be an issue on other browsers.

1. When marking the forum 'as read' the page 'hangs' with the action indicator rolling in the top right. It appears that they are marked correctly, but the page does not move on or pop up confirming action
    2. Page also hangs after posting
    3. Alerts menu option does not display dropdown
      Not browser related
    4. Cant see how to read topics with latest post first
    5. Avatar zoomed (probably size related)
    Otherwise, as always, looking good!
  13. Anthony

Anthony

Pete, I'll try and re-create this issue myself and come back to you with more info.
    We block a large proportion of IP addresses from China for abuse reasons. Unfortunately folks like you are often caught in the crossfire. Are you on a dynamic IP (always changing) or do you have access to a static IP address (stay's the same)?
    Thanks, Paul. Good to see you.

1. Can't recreate this. Will investigate.
    2. As above
    3. As above
    4. This happens automatically and should direct you to unread posts based on what you have read vs. what you haven't. Occasionally it doesn't, but for the most part, clicking the title of the thread (via any of the list formats) will do this.
    5. Try re-uploading.
  14. consultant

consultant

Hi Anthony,

I am sure 1-3 are browser related, maybe down to a plugin - Chrome and IE doesn't seem to have this issue!

Re 4, I am sent to the last un-read post, but, what I did have set on vB was for the newest post set to the top of the page, where as it is currently set for first/earliest post at top of page - it's just the way i prefer to read/follow things.

For the avatar, I have uploaded the same one (which is 100x52, not 200x200) and a larger photo, both of which were cropped and not resized - not a major issue.
  15. Anthony

Anthony

I am not seeing #1-3 being an issue in IE, Chrome or FireFox. What custom plug-ins do you have installed?

#4 doesn't have that facility available any longer. You probably noticed we switched software...

Avatar is an odd one, my guess is its overcompensating so as to fill the viewable area with the entire avatar, otherwise you would have blank spots. If you can choose a more portrait shaped avatar, I don't think you will have the same issue.
  16. cbeebies

cbeebies

Anthony, my IP address is a dynamic IP, I think, here in China, small companies or individuals can't afford a static IP address. :(

Now, I am in a coffee shop to browse this forum. My normal IP address was banned. :'(
  17. Saajan

Saajan

18. Anthony

Anthony

I'll message you privately on this issue.
    Thanks - still in progress.
  19. planner

planner

Anthony, sometimes I am coming across threads I have posted on and haven't received an alert? I am getting alerts but I am starting to see others with no alerts. just thought I would tell you. Its not major.:)
  20. Gerrit_Max

Gerrit_Max

Thought it was just me, been gettting the same thing.
    Receiving alerts for threads I haven't posted in. o_O

Gerrit :cool: