What are some key performance indicators on Facebook

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by ULAK, May 4, 2015.

1. ULAK

ULAK

For many people, running a Business Facebook page ends up either being a frustrating or time wasting experience for them. This can be VERY true, but generally is a factor of what people's expectations from the beginning is, and what they are willing to do to optimize their social presence.

I won't go into very much here, but I thought I would share a couple of key performance indicators (KPIs) for Facebook used for business and what you might do to increase them. (actually this post is long, so I will just put one KPI, but if people want I will add more :) )

First KPI to always look at is engagement. This means, when you post something, what are people doing with it (Facebook actions include "Likes" "Shares" "Comments" "Post Clicks"). For engagement, what you are trying to see is from all of your fans, what is the % that are interacting with your post, and from this start to learn what causes greater interaction and thus more sales opportunities. What you are looking for is HIGHER % of your fans engaging in your posts, and what you are doing right or wrong based on week on week analysis.

The formula I use (and which I update every week based on that weeks posts) is this -- (number of engagements/number of posts)*(100%/total likes for page).

For example, lets say I had 100 total engagements on my posts for one week (easy to check engagements on your facebook pages Insights page), I had 5 total posts, and my total page likes at checkup time was 1000. Using the formula I would have (100/5)*(100%/1000) or 2% total engagement. Not bad? Well, I would say that when you are under 10000 total likes, you should be trying to reach a total of 3~4% engagement over a week without any investment money.

Next, I would be reevaluating what I posted that week (not all posts are created equal and I would see what is driving the majority of my engagements), see how to improve on that, and after the next weeks posts see what was improved/stayed same/ect. There are lots of tutorials on how to create engaging Facebook posts for Business, but the key here is that with a measurable weekly engagement KPI you now have the tools to actually see results week on week and see real trends. Here is my trend this year so far, with peaks coming towards I was running larger campaigns
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps, and cheers all :)