1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

What % are you happy with?

Discussion in 'Wholesale and Trade' started by T D Sales, Feb 15, 2013.

1. andrew page

andrew page

price i pay dictates if triple/quadruple i currently have some listings that cost me about 75p per item selling for £22 with free PP:)
  2. Sc0tty

Sc0tty

As TD sales said with smaller items you should be aiming for over 100% ROI and I would suggest much higher like what andrew page is talking about. But as you grow and buy larger items the ROI will get lower. But the profit made will be larger.

So andrew page gets 300% return on investment but might make less than a £1 profit. But someone who only makes 30% roi on a more expensive item might make £50 profit on the item.

Though you start small you should aim to get bigger. Make more money for less work.
  3. bouncegiftswholesale

bouncegiftswholesale

Depends on the products.

We have retail items at 100% gross profit but wholesale at 50% gross, some wholesale products we only make 25% gross profit which, after bills and staff, leaves us at break even if we're lucky. 50% and upwards is the land of the free, if you're up there, imo, you're going to be OK.
  4. youronlinestuff

youronlinestuff Banned Member

aslong as it's profit it's good! from there you just focus on optimising your business so you increase your margins :)
  5. Wowgift-China

Wowgift-China

I hate you all. :) Most Chinese manufactory only have gross 10% profit but they have to supply the goods,pay for the workers etc...
  6. TreatWise

TreatWise

unbranded lower end items (£10 or under) i tend to aim for 300% on price of materials due to needing to create the items before selling. On branded im pretty sure anyone would be happy with a steady 20% :)
  7. bouncegiftswholesale

bouncegiftswholesale

We also supply the goods, pay our own workers and manufacture right here in Yorkshire, England :) It's just that we charge more for our products and our products are more exclusive e.g. you can only buy some of our items in England, we don't sell anywhere else, so the retailers profit margin is protected a little.

China is very good for mass market products though. High volume, low price. Loving the samples we've had produced in Guangdong, they're brilliant quality, we will definitely be ordering more items from China to our own designs :)
    Wowgift-China likes this.
  8. Wowgift-China

Wowgift-China

You are absolutely right!If your gift is unique,try to produce them in your own country.It seems we are in the same industry,we may have
    lots of idea to share.
  9. zelig880

zelig880

I would say that the market average required 10%... then some huge firms work on 2-3% and some other on the 30% all depends from the items you sell and the prices...

I have always based my business on the 15% and all ended up making 10% ( for which i was more than happy)...