What content do you publish on Facebook?

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Lace, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

Hi everyone, so I am writing a guest post for our friends at SaleHoo about a number of things you can publish on your Facebook page. By this time, a number of sellers have started their own pages but many are still in the dark about what updates to publish (deals, promotions, product shots, etc.).

So I'm calling out for some of your own tips, even screenshots that I can possibly include in the feature (free promotion! :D) and credit back to everyone and our community.

Here are a few questions:

1. What updates do you publish on your Facebook page and what type of updates get the most number of engagement (Likes, Shares, Comments)?

2. How do you prevent being a hard sell and look for other interesting media to publish?

3. Any other Facebook Content Marketing tips for online sellers

My deadline to submit the article is by mid next week, so please drop your answers here if you'd like to get involved.

Thanks guys!
  2. Bizi

Bizi

no matter what i post i only get 2 likes, one from me and one from my partner :D
  3. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

Maybe this article can help change that Tabraiz! :D
    Oh yeah, once I actually start writing and stop posting on TWF x.x
  4. paulbrown

paulbrown

5. Wholesale-Help

Wholesale-Help

Lace likes this.
  6. Camilla Gilbro

Camilla Gilbro

Videos and pictures always get a lot of attention, visuals are a good idea. The advantage for sellers are that they always have great stories to tell - so, tell them! Facebook is a great place to do this.
  7. Wholesale-Help

Wholesale-Help

Nice to see you on the forums Camilla, :)

I may have mentioned a certain online finance website in my latest readers questions video that has recently been posted on Facebook.
  8. WholesaleCart

WholesaleCart

Facebook seems to be a hard nut to crack!
  9. Camilla Gilbro

Camilla Gilbro

Nice Andy.
    Your Facebook page is a great example of quality over quantity. I think the issue may be that many feel they need many likes, but it's actually far more important to have the right ones. That's what we should work at.
  10. Wholesale-Help

Wholesale-Help

I think like most social media its consistency that's the key, getting allot of regular content on there and interacting with your audience, I'm not on there enough really, Twitter works better for me but whatever platform you choose you need to be consistent and engage with the people that you want to be visible to, find their groups and pages where they hang out and get involved, then it builds with the interaction that the conversation generates.
  11. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

I have gone from 0 to 5500 likes in a little over 6 months and I mainly post product updates but I also run lots of competitions (through third party apps of course) that generate interest. The last competition I ran was for a box of toys worth around £50 and I ran it over a 2 week period and it generated 1500 new likers, most of them mums with kids that I can then direct to my website.

I also find that people engage my page when I ask them direct questions like - 'what do you think of these toys?' and 'How would you pay for this?'
    Lace likes this.
  12. Camilla Gilbro

Camilla Gilbro

That's amazing!
    ladyvgw likes this.
  13. Wholesale-Help

Wholesale-Help

Thanks Camilla, I tend to get too distracted with Facebook so I made a decision to only post my content and not "hang out" on there but that's a personal decision, getting involved in Facebook communities really works well but it just zaps my productivity so I try to use it to keep people up to date with my content channels, I have more visibility on Twitter and YouTube where I can control how much time it takes up.

Sorry I couldn't make it last night, February crept up on me this year!
  14. Wholesale-Help

Wholesale-Help

That's awesome, great example of getting involved with you're audience, giveaways are also a great idea, this is something I have planned for my YouTube channel.
    ladyvgw likes this.
  15. paulbrown

paulbrown

This is really impressive to get 1500 new likers for one £50 comp.

I was going to run a comp to win £100 worth of Anthony & Brown clothing - can you explain further about the third party app you used?

Thanks
    Paul
  16. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Hi Paul,

Sure :) I use Easypromos - http://www.easypromosapp.com/ Its free for the first competition you run and then I think it is $9 for subsequent ones. Really easy to use and it means you are compliant with the stupid Facebook rules about running comps.

Also a good tip is to get your competition on pages dedicated to giveaways like this one - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Competition-Club/143300759059767?fref=ts

Let me know when you post your competition and I will a link to it on my page for you :)
    Lace and paulbrown like this.
  17. paulbrown

paulbrown

Excellent thankyou for your help! :)
  18. MAW.electrical

MAW.electrical

I've not long started a facebook page for our business and we are trying the competition route to see if that gets us anywhere but it's so hard to get started, don't suppose you could help me out? :)
  19. paulbrown

paulbrown

Hi,

Heres the link to my comp just set up using Easypromos http://apps.facebook.com/easypromos/promotions/72527&uid=618466438

Thanks for your help. :)
    Lace likes this.
  20. marzipanroses

marzipanroses

I agree with Bizi. I put posts on my facebook page and only usually get 2 likes, from family members. I have even put a couple of competitions up and even though the prizes are good, I can never get a single person to enter. It's weird because a lot of my friends on there will enter big comps from the likes of asda etc yet they wont enter my comps where they have a bigger chance of winning. My conclusion...facebook is not for me and my business & yet most of what I sell is makeup :(