What do you use to promote your business online?

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by night rider, Mar 14, 2013.

1. night rider

night rider

well i am researching on better ways to promote the business.
    ebay and website are basically main platforms for me.
    i promote my business via facebook and google ads.
    it would be great if you guys can share with me your own suggestions regarding promoting the business online and driving more traffic.
    it would be very interesting info not for me but for most the of people here.so dont hesitate to respond.
    cheers !!!
  2. Erik

Erik

There is still a huge possibility in promoting your website more by using other media.

You can use Stumbleupon. The way they work is that they let members "stumble upon" websites that may interest them depending on their profiles. Now this could be a hit or miss, depending on your target, but this could definitely help you out in gaining more visitors in your website. More visitors = higher chance of getting sales.

You could also take advantage of Pinterest's current reputation. There have been quite a number of news regarding Pinterest and surely racks up new members. Pin your products and who knows, that could lead to generating more customers.
    While you're at Pinterest, maybe you could hang a while in Instagram as well. They work almost the same with sharing images, but Instagram is made by Facebook, which definitely has millions of users as well. Show your products and people may like the images you post.
  3. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

4. Andy777

Andy777

Another great way to promote your online shop online is via YouTube videos. Most people (including me), look for videos before they purchase a product online, especially if it's more expensive and complex item (electronics, kitchen equipment etc.).

So by creating product overview or product review videos, you can get highly targeted YouTube traffic + embed videos in your product pages! This will increase your conversion rates, lower bounce rates, increase visitor duration time = which altogether means improved SERPs (Search Engine Result Positions) in long term.
  5. plusmarketing

plusmarketing

6. Erik

Erik

7. Prissy

Prissy

you can set up google alerts to identify when and where posts on products/ related subjects
    or use Trackur to identify what is being said etc., then you can get an idea on where to promote?
  8. Sai Montes

Sai Montes

I use Facebook, Twitter and even Instagram. I sometimes use videos, which is hosted in YouTube. Haven't tried Facebook ads and Google ads as well but I'm looking into that in the near future :)
  9. Lukasz J

Lukasz J

I think you should invest in a few books about marketing. Or, hire someone with new ideas. I got a few ideas :) Let me give you a 9. Ok? :)
    1 You can record (even mobile) video a few tips about "how to do..." and put on the page.
    2 You can give 2% discount in exchange for posting on Google Places.
    3 Maybe start a blog which describes every few days your work or products
    4 You can offer a 10% discount to the customer who can recommend your services.
    5 Propably Your profession, Your product ( service) has so much twists and turns and interesting situations that no one book you can write.
    6 Profile on blogs and forums providing technical and regular.
    7 You can develop your website with new pages with tips and descriptions of the works.
    8 You can use bait for customers - you can use method "fishing customers"
    9 Do not forget to build a relationship with customers - thats the most important, try be close to you client and always be helpfull.
    oooo :) it's nine ideas. The rest is creativity, search ... thinking and marketing etc etc

Word - Work Work Work. :) Featured content ALWAYS ask for a link.

[link removed]
  10. Andy777

Andy777

Hi Lukasz,

Please note - you need advertiser's membership to promote your website on TWF:

http://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk/blog/advertise/

Good Luck with the business & Enjoy your stay! ;)
  11. Teresa Tribolet

Teresa Tribolet

I agree with what other have stated about Pinterest. It's especially great for retail businesses because it is so visual. You can pin images of all your items for more impact and you can also add prices to your items, and these will show up on each pin for all those potential customers to see.