What do you wish you knew about SEO before you started?

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Cody, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Cody

Cody

Because SEO seems to be a hot topic on the forums these days, and covering all sorts of areas such as conversion rate, Facebook Advertising, On Page SEO, blogging, etc etc etc, it'd be nice to get a view of what people wish they'd have known about SEO before they actually began starting their website optimization?

For example, myself.
    I thought to improve SEO that it'd be a rather straight forward process, focusing only on putting various keywords on your site. ( I know, silly right?)

But, I believe that's what being told all over the web, until you that is, realise it's constantly changing. What isn't mentioned is just how much effort you really need to be putting into your keyword research, and the tools and programs needed to perform this exercise. Analysing competitors, viewing their content, making your own a thousand times better with improved targeted keywords.

How to optimize meta tags, image alt descriptions.
    How to use Google Analytics, Google Search Console to improve overall site ranking, and capture the data to improve your strategy.
    How to focus on link building to improve your SEO and site ranking and domain authority.

It goes on, and on, and on.

Whoever said this was easy?!

What do you wish you had known about SEO previously that would have seriously helped you out today?