1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

What Indian products sell best to western markets?

Discussion in 'Products & Trends' started by Dean B, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Dean B

Dean B

Could any of you suggest good products I can source while here in India that will sell well on ebay and such in the EU and USA?

There is such a wealth of things here that can be picked up at very cheap prices in bulk and I do not know where to start to be honest lol.

Help?
  2. Frankcheung

Frankcheung

Hi Dean,

Here is ebay pulse,you can check it by yourself.
    http://pulse.ebay.co.uk/Consumer-Electronics_W0QQsacatZ293

Cheers!
  3. Sunny121

Sunny121

Hi dean

What part of India are you in?
  4. Pete

Pete

Dean, unless things have changed drastically, there are very few. Mostly cloth, clothing and maybe jewelry. I sold a lot of incense, incense burners and boxes, brass items and some porcelain / ceramics. But there is a big problem with Indian consumer products. They are still in the early days of their independence regarding packaging. Personally, I don't see much hope of the competing with consumer goods worldwide until they get away from corrugated plain brown boxes with metal staples everywhere you turn. Open a box, get a new cut just doesn't work elsewhere.

Same item from China at even more cost is preferred because it comes in fitted Styrofoam and a glossy consumer oriented display box. The same item from India will come in a stapled brown corrugated box with the item code in black ink on the side of the box, which is filled with shredded newspaper or other excelsior that makes a mess no matter how you handle it.

One thing I do notice in the US that comes from India is cast iron manhole covers in the streets and covers for buried water meters, etc. :)
  5. Kingamer

Kingamer

I have been looking around a supplier who could get me salwar kameez at wholesale prices that I could trust but so far have not found one but I would be interested. I have seen that they are some good looking phones in India which cannot be bought over here as you see if the price is right and they work here then they would sell. Not sure if you can get these from India but my dad used to buy these very nice looking writing fountain pens here they would cost around £20 but from Pakistan they would cost about a £1 or £2. But like Pete said its mostly cloth/clothing
  6. NEETIRAJ YADAV

NEETIRAJ YADAV

bro I live in India, you can contact me on my mail & maybe we can discuss this thing
  7. Jed

Jed

This thread is over 8 years old.
  8. Jam_10

Jam_10

Hi i was looking for salwar kameez and sarees at a wholesale price to sell for business, do you think you can help me? Thanks